NovaRemote (1 Viewer)

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    I have the latest version, but it is still unusable, as I stated earlier,I have hundreds of movies,and as the app seems to want to not cache the info, it just sists there for many minutes "Loading"! I also have AMPDroid on a Nexus 7 and that doesnt have the same problem. PLease can you get this issue fixed.
    I am sure that the cache is working. Once your collection will be loaded to iPad it will not load for the second time.
    The problem is that loading to cache takes long time.
    I already said that I did investigation and found the solution. It will be really fast in version 1.2.

What about TV. Does it works for you now? Are groups working?

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can't comment on TV as the initial loading has now been running for 13 minutes, so giving up now

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    I am glad to inform that version 1.2 is on its way to Apple. Will be available in AppStore after review.
    What's new:
    1) multiseat support. Now you can have a lot of zones.
    2) Loading is now very fast. Functionality of images loading was fully reworked and now it's really fast.
    3) A lot of new bugs found and fixed. Thanks for everybody who send me their feedback. Special thanks to TranceManNZ.
    4) It will be now compatible with ios 7.0 and more.

Last edited:

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Hi all! NovaRemote 1.2 is available in AppStore. I fully reorganized app settings and zones parameters because of multi-seat support. That's why it will be a good idea to first uninstall NovaRemote 1.1 from your iPad and then install the new version.

cbleek

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just bought your APP, installed the Plugins and could connect to MP

My Config:
    Mediaportal 1.7.1 HotFix
    MPExtended 0.5.4 (MediaPortal plugin)
    WiFiRemote 0.8.2.1 (MediaPortal plugin)
    iOS >= 7.1.1 on iPad2

First of all: VERY NICE LOOK and usability!
    But not everything works...

1. Radio-Station:
    - Stations are displayed without logos
    - it would be useful, if the App could remember my preferred Channellist (starts always in "All Channels")

2. TV
    - When i choose an upcoming TV-programm , a recording-button ist displayed, but not remembered and send to MP.

3. Videos
    - The message "Unable to retrieve Videos"

4. My Music
    - Different views would be useful, all my big music-collection alphabetical is not ueseful: search options and folderview is missing
    - unable to play music: i can choose an album, see the playlist and tap (or doubletap) on a song: nothing happens

5. Tv/video cast (symbol Tv with antenna)
    - i don't know what this menu is, App says loading but nothing happens

I hope you can fix some of these problems.

greetings Chris

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I gave the latest release a test, now with MPExt. 0.6 beta and MP 1.6. (I'm quite sure that MPExt. should be backward compatible to latest stable but I'm still not 100% sure) Have you tried MPExt. 0.6 beta?

The client connections tests has improved and also the speed that movie covers are loaded. So that was good(y). However, there are still several issues left and some new ones introduced. :(

TV: Several channel logos are placed on top of each other for the same channel and quite often I do not get any data.

Movies: All movies in first row in the list miss cover art and no images are in retina resolution. Don't seem to be possible to reload them.

Series: Works but not possible to read the details of an episode.

Recordings: Some recordings has wrong channel icon. Scrolling the list make the app exit when I reach a specific row. The details of each recording is cut and it can't be scrolled.

Music: Still makes the app exit when being pressed.

Radio: ok

Are you using try/catch? It's not so nice that the app is just quiting.

The TV channel issues could be after I changed TV-card cards. Could something be cached from before I changed cards?

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    To cbleek:

Thank you for buying my app and for your response. It will help me to improve my app. I will support the app and the future releases will come. Of course I will try to fix bugs you mentioned.
    1. Radio logos is known bug and my understanding is that this is MPExtended bug. So I guess it will be fixed with MpEx 0.6 release.
    It is possible to remember your last group selected. So the app will load with last selected group. I will add this feature to 1.3.0 version.
    2. Did you tried to hit the record button? You should hit record button to send record command command to MP. And the program field will transfrom to red color.
    3. And 5 maybe. I guess you don't have moving pictures. Or you didn't ever scanned your video library. Try it. You will get nice video library in MP and get all this info to iPad.
    4. That you for your response. I am planning to rework music section. I don't like it myself too. There are also no playlists. I will try to implement your wishes in future releases.
    5. This is the menu for tvservies. You should have mp-tvseries plugin installed in MP.

cbleek

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To cbleek:

Thank you for buying my app and for your response. It will help me to improve my app. I will support the app and the future releases will come. Of course I will try to fix bugs you mentioned.
    1. Radio logos is known bug and my understanding is that this is MPExtended bug. So I guess it will be fixed with MpEx 0.6 release.
    It is possible to remember your last group selected. So the app will load with last selected group. I will add this feature to 1.3.0 version.
    2. Did you tried to hit the record button? You should hit record button to send record command command to MP. And the program field will transfrom to red color.
    3. And 5 maybe. I guess you don't have moving pictures. Or you didn't ever scanned your video library. Try it. You will get nice video library in MP and get all this info to iPad.
    4. That you for your response. I am planning to rework music section. I don't like it myself too. There are also no playlists. I will try to implement your wishes in future releases.
    5. This is the menu for tvservies. You should have mp-tvseries plugin installed in MP.

THX for your fast answer...
    This app is getting great, i will like to give you feedback to get it even better!

And yes, to 2.: the recording has worked!
    But the field does not stay red when you browse through other channels and go back to the program later...

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    To johanj:

Thank you for your new response. Will try to investigate your issues and fix it.

TV: I newer saw the problems with icons. Could you please send me an screenshot?
    Sometimes it really shows no data. I know this and I will fixit in 1.3.0. The simple workaround is to choose this zone again. So click zone selector and choose again your zone.
    Movies: Are you sure that you have images for these movies in MP? I understand the problem with retina. Now it download images for normal ipad. It should be ok for retina but not enough detalization. I will fix it.
    Series: I really don't know where to put it. And I'm not sure that somebody really read the details of the episode :). Do you think it is important?
    Recordings: I already received such response. I will definatelly fix it in 1.3.0.
    Music: Don't understand the problem. Maybe MPEx 0.6 is not compatible with 0.5.4. Maybe we can try to figure out the problem it in further discussion. I will appreciate if we will discuss this issue, maybe try to debug it.

You should reinstall the app to clean all cache. I don't see ant issues with card changing at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1399488484][/DOUBLEPOST]
    THX for your fast answer...
    This app is getting great, i will like to give you feedback to get it even better!

And yes, to 2.: the recording has worked!
    But the field does not stay red when you browse through other channels and go back to the program later...
    What about 3 and 5?
    Do you have moving pictures installed?

cbleek

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, sorry!
    No, moving pictures is not installed.
    I will try it, the next days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom