NovaRemote (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. I try again when I have a stable MPExt installed.

Edit. Back home now and kids in bed.... So here is what I get with the request with 0.6 MPExtended dev.:
    {"ApiVersion":5,"ServiceVersion":"0.6.0-dev","SupportsMedia":true,"SupportsRecordings":true,"SupportsTV":true}

I apologize if I sound negative but it's quite annoying to not get an app to work, when I know that the services are working, and the only message I got is a crash in 1.0 and 'Fail' in 1.1. It seems to be my bad since I didn't do my reading on the requirements. I will not uninstall the 0.6 dev. version since I need it. I let it be for now and try again later when I have a stable MPExtended version installed. You do not need to add support for dev. version that you do not test with yourself.

It looks like a clean app and it would be nice to try it but I'm in no hurry.

It would be nice to hear what others impressions are!

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It was WifiRemote version that was the issue when adding client. I used version 14-dev that included all the code(apart from version bump) for the 15 release. Installing version 15 and I could add a client. I'm still on MPExt. 0.6-dev and that can maybe explain the other issues I see (I thought 0.6 is backward compatible with 0.5.4 but I could be wrong). When starting the app I get some error that says that I can't get channels. The only section that works is movies and radio where I can get the list of movies/radio channels and also start them and get the control for playback. All other sections make the app exit.

The list of movies took quite some time to load but it was fast and smooth once everything was loaded.

So for me it's ok for now, I just test later when on a stable release of MPExt. You could add some more info for the user in next version if they use wrong versions of services and what service works and what not when something fail.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Any chance you can make the app compatible with iOS version 7.0.4?
    Actually I am sure that it is compatible with ios 7.0. I just tried to run it with SDK 7.0. Everything working ok. What is the reason you are not upgrading to 7.1?

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    he app will not install. As my device is jailbroken I do not want to update to 7.1
    For the moment the binary in AppStore is built with sdk 7.1. So for now it is not possible.
    The only way will be if I decide to build NovaRemote 1.2 version with sdk 7.0. Maybe I'll give it a try. But it will take time. I want to add multi-seat support to version 1.2.[DOUBLEPOST=1397933417][/DOUBLEPOST]TranceManNZ, tell me please about your setup? Is it just singleseat or you have clients? Do you have tv, movingpictures, music library?

Last edited:

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    he app will not install. As my device is jailbroken I do not want to update to 7.1
    For the moment the binary in AppStore is built with sdk 7.1. So for now it is not possible.
    The only way will be if I decide to build NovaRemote 1.2 version with sdk 7.0. Maybe I'll give it a try. But it will take time. I want to add multi-seat support to version 1.2.[DOUBLEPOST=1397933417][/DOUBLEPOST]TranceManNZ, tell me please about your setup? Is it just singleseat or you have clients? Do you have tv, movingpictures, music library?

I have 1 x single seat and 2 x clients. Yes I use Moving Pictures, MP-TVseries, Music Library and TV.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    I have 1 x single seat and 2 x clients. Yes I use Moving Pictures, MP-TVseries, Music Library and TV.
    That's great. I have some leak with testers. And you have great setup for tesitng purposes.
    Apple allows to build .ipa files for known UDID (that means that this .ipa file will work only for your device). So I can just build .ipa with 7.0 sdk for you. You will install, test it and write a response for me.
    And maybe you can help me with multiseat test in future.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    I am now preparing the version 1.2. I want to ask everyone. What do you want to see in this release??? What features do you wanna see?
    1. I received two reviews that movies takes long time to load. I investigated this situation and found the solution. Now all loadings are really fast, just 1-3 seconds. Fast loading feature will be added to 1.2 release.
    2. Multiseat support. This feature is in development for the moment. If there will be no issues it will be added to 1.2 release.

What next?

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the latest version, but it is still unusable, as I stated earlier,I have hundreds of movies,and as the app seems to want to not cache the info, it just sists there for many minutes "Loading"! I also have AMPDroid on a Nexus 7 and that doesnt have the same problem. PLease can you get this issue fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom