Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS] (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes if fanart is missing, user will have the option to either display a fixed image (eg. the studio image) or just a random music fanart.
    So if you have missing fanart the animation will be emphasizing part of the screen that doesn't relate directly with the currently playing track.

LED (digital) and analog are actually the same as far as mediaportal engine is concerned.

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great work Kiwi! That black BG does it for me. I must say that I now also really like "Black background, no fade, rounded covers".
    It looks clean but has a lot of info! The white VU-meter also fits in quite good with the rest. This one and the very first, very minimalistic one arte my two favorites.

Looks awesome, very nice of you to convert our input in these great ideas!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ur welcome, the idea of solid black background was right on the money.

Personally i think i prefer the rounded fanart window without fade.

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

Really great work! thanks a lot!
    to denoise even more, what do you think about aligning the top borders of cover and fanart in the rounded corners view (i.e. move down/cut the fanart). this will cost some place at the top but maybe make the look even smoother.
    is it possible to show a frame around the fanart?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

to denoise even more, what do you think about aligning the top borders of cover and fanart in the rounded corners view (i.e. move down/cut the fanart). this will cost some place at the top but maybe make the look even smoother.

Yes and No. Anything is possible. However if i put the frame in line with the album cover then the aspect ratio of the fanart frame becomes really wide. Also the black border on the top is no longer equal size to the one on the right, unless i bring in the right hand side also.

It might actually be better if you totally loose the nowplaying title bar.

The animated pic below shows 3 versions

1. Original
    2. Version with fanart window shrunk so it's inline with the album cover.
    3. Version with title bar removed

smallerwindow.gif

... OPINIONS PLEASE!!! ....

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

thanks. I really prefer the aligned style but I would not want to loose the title bar.

maybe it's better to use the shrunk fanart picture and move the complete right part (fanart and objects below) to the right, to make the very left border equal to the very right corner. you will have a gap in the middle of the screen, but I hope this will not disturb to much.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My vote goes to 3, as I'm a plasma owner. :D

Or, if you would move the column of stuff from the left to the right side and let the title bar overlay the fanart? :p

Edit: Here's yet another mockup attached.

Emph

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
      mockup.jpg
      55.2 KB

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Re: AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

Yes and No. Anything is possible. However if i put the frame in line with the album cover then the aspect ratio of the fanart frame becomes really wide. Also the black border on the top is no longer equal size to the one on the right, unless i bring in the right hand side also.

It might actually be better if you totally loose the nowplaying title bar.

The animated pic below shows 3 versions

1. Original
    2. Version with fanart window shrunk so it's inline with the album cover.
    3. Version with title bar removed

smallerwindow.gif

... OPINIONS PLEASE!!! ....

Number 3 please. That's definitely a nice clean look. still follows the StreamedMP look too. +1 for number three

--im voting for the one that has the MUSIC/ NOW PLAYING bar but with the large fanart.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now Playing Screen - All elements [ACTUAL - WIP]

Ok, there is shed load of possible layouts here and all as mockups, I have full screen fanart and a version using the original backdrop (in the streamedmp svn).

Here are the xmls files for the black background version, this is very much work in progress and me and kiwi are working on this, but this is something that that can be installed and tested, and viewed in the flesh. I have tested on 1280x720 on my laptop and on a full HD system but there may be scaling issues, would be greatful if these are reported.

Please backup you current versions of the files...copy the contents of the zip into the StreamedMP skin directory.

Fanart Handler is required and can be found here Downloads - fanart-handler - Project Hosting on Google Code

Problem reports are welcome....we are working on the various masks for fading, rounded corners etc and also looking at a new analog VU.

Have fun

Cheers

EDIT: The menu is animated and pops out as an extension to the topbar, hit up arrow from either of the list controls

Attachments

• actual1.jpg
      actual1.jpg
      292 KB
    • actual2.jpg
      actual2.jpg
      114 KB
    • musicfiles.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom