Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS] (2 Viewers)

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maybe i've lost sight of this topic. But will you release now 2 different layouts: One for Fullscreen backdrop and one for windowed backdrop. Or have you decided now only to release the windowed one?

I would regret it if the fullscreen backdrop layout will be rejected. But that's only my oppinion.

nevertheless the now playing section is getting really beautiful and I cant wait to test the final version. So please keep up this good work!!!

:D

Greets

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, that's right: illumine pictures, put light in the corner, make the window more "3D" ?
    Think about ID 112 (cover) and visualization possibility
    Shortcuts and topbar are in conflict .

Have a lot of fun ;)

huh?

@jojo - please read the posts.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great change! I have been waiting a long time for something like this.

2 questions:
    1. How do you get the stars to show up?
    2. How do you get the tags section to show up?

The Best/Stars and the Tag sections show up

a) if you have not disabled internet lookups for best album tracks and suggestions in the MP config Music->Now Playing Tab.

b) it can find ratings for your music and tag information on last.fm for what you are playing, this in part does relies on your music being tagged correctly.

Cheers

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Yes, that's right: illumine pictures, put light in the corner, make the window more "3D" ?
    Think about ID 112 (cover) and visualization possibility
    Shortcuts and topbar are in conflict .

Have a lot of fun ;)

The shortcuts and topbar is an issue, did think about just disabling the topbar or putting the menu back underneath the fanart, second option is the safest I think.

Cheers

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    I think a fade transition between fanart would be nice instead of the sudden jump from one to the other.

On the files you posted already mine is switching between the fanart and nasty stretched out version of the album art.

Would that be something in the fanart handler setting?

Also, not really related to this but im sure someone here knows, is it possible to have the skin jump to "now playing" screen automatically once you select a song to play? currently i have to bring up the menu on the right side and scroll down and select "now playing"

Great work on this guys, music section getting some needed improvement.

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

On the files you posted already mine is switching between the fanart and nasty stretched out version of the album art.
    you can select the sources for fanart in the fanart handler plugin. just uncheck MP Album Thumbs and the low-res pictures will not be shown.
    Also, not really related to this but im sure someone here knows, is it possible to have the skin jump to "now playing" screen automatically once you select a song to play? currently i have to bring up the menu on the right side and scroll down and select "now playing"
    \mp-config\music\misc setting\play now behaviour\now playing

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

you can select the sources for fanart in the fanart handler plugin. just uncheck MP Album Thumbs and the low-res pictures will not be shown.
    \mp-config\music\misc setting\play now behaviour\now playing

Thanks for reply, now fixed the small album thumbs showing.

Tried the jump to now playing and it works but can you do the same when you just hit enter on the song rather than bringing up the extra menu and selecting "play now"?

My remote isn't the best and the less menu's I have to bring up and navigate the better. :)

Also, do you need to enable last.fm and audioscrobbler to get the "tracks tagged with" and the stars to display? i'm getting the "top album tracks" in the bottom section but not the other 2. Disable internet look ups are unchecked.

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

Tried the jump to now playing and it works but can you do the same when you just hit enter on the song rather than bringing up the extra menu and selecting "play now"?
    getting off-topic here, but just pressing p or playbutton instead of enter should do it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS]

Also, do you need to enable last.fm and audioscrobbler to get the "tracks tagged with" and the stars to display? i'm getting the "top album tracks" in the bottom section but not the other 2. Disable internet look ups are unchecked.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you must be using last.fm/audioscrobber because that's where it gets the info from.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TREVOR Just finished coding the xml files, should be up in 24-48 hrs time. This is the version that has all elements.

I am also working on the version with minimal stuff, might look something like this. I'll probably be coding this one myself, because it will be quite simple.

Now-Playing-Mod34a.jpg

Now-Playing-Mod35.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom