Now Playing Screen - All elements [SUGGESTIONS] (1 Viewer)

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
Re: Now Playing Screen - All elements [ACTUAL - WIP]

Ok, there is shed load of possible layouts here and all as mockups, I have full screen fanart and a version using the original backdrop (in the streamedmp svn).

Here are the xmls files for the black background version, this is very much work in progress and me and kiwi are working on this, but this is something that that can be installed and tested, and viewed in the flesh. I have tested on 1280x720 on my laptop and on a full HD system but there may be scaling issues, would be greatful if these are reported.

Please backup you current versions of the files...copy the contents of the zip into the StreamedMP skin directory.

Fanart Handler is required and can be found here Downloads - fanart-handler - Project Hosting on Google Code

Problem reports are welcome....we are working on the various masks for fading, rounded corners etc and also looking at a new analog VU.

Have fun

Cheers

EDIT: The menu is animated and pops out as an extension to the topbar, hit up arrow from either of the list controls

Just tried it out.

1) It really needs the rounded corners and the faded edges around the fanart.
2) The second column on the right (in your picture its about vocalists and stuff) does not appear for me.
3) I dont have any rating stars appearing.......(EDIT: fixed)
4) The information on the left about the track could be organized a little better.
5) The Track Progress time / Track total Time are too big and arent lined up right on mine. The fonts generally dont look right on mine for some reason too... could be my fault.

I'm not trying to bash you, im just saying what would make it better. Its constructive! This is going in the right direction, keep it up!

EDIT: these issues are appearing on my 1080p tv.

EDIT2: instead of the flyout 'go to current playlist button' , you could put a static button over on the right bottom corner instead of having that vocalists column... just a thought

EDIT3: heres a black background i made with faded edges.

artistoverlay.png

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Trevor and I have decided on the layout for the final version.

Here are the samples, it should look very close to this in the final version. There will probably be 4 different overlays you can use with this version. It will be very easy to change the look between the sub versions because the layout of the items is identical (except the fanart image is moved slightly). The title bar menu at the top will appear / dissapear or slide out when you select it.

FINAL---SAMPLE-V1-GUIDES.jpg

EDGE VERSIONS - BLACK

edge01.jpg

edge03.jpg

edge06.jpg

edge08.jpg

edge10.jpg

EDGE VERSIONS - STUDIO

edge02.jpg

edge04.jpg

edge05.jpg

edge07.jpg

edge09.jpg

edge11.jpg

WINDOWED VERSIONS - BLACK

window01.jpg

window03.jpg

WINDOWED VERSIONS - STUDIO

window02.jpg

window04.jpg

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @TREVOR

I've finished all the PNG/PSD files. It just needs coding. I suggest you use guildeines.png as a top layer image to help you get everything nicely aligned. Please use the existing dvd cover mask (from moving pictures skin) for the album cover. After you get everything nicely done I'll create a custom mask, this is because you might want to stretch the album a little to get it nicely lined up, so I can't do the mask yet. Alternatively Just have square album cover, then when i know the exact size I will make a nice rounded corner album mask.

You will notice I divided the overlays into two groups (overlay edge and overlay window). The position of all of the skin elements is exactly the same, the only difference is the overlays themselves and the position of the fanart image.

I suggest we use an xml import in the nowplaying.xml file

eg. Create Nowplayingoverlay.xml

Inside the nowplayingoverlay.xml it loads the relevant overlay and also it sets the position of the fanart.

This way if someone wants to change between edge vs window or if they want to change the type of overlay eg. black vs studio, they only have to change the nowplayingoverlay.xml file. Otherwise we'll end up with a lot of nowplaying.xml version (3 versions for each EQ mode + about 9 x different overlays = 27 files), as opposed to just 9 x nowplayingoverlay.xml. Also if someone wants to tweak the look, then they only need to edit nowplayingoverlay.xml rather than the entire nowplaying.xml file.

GUIDELINES.png

FINAL VERSION -> PNG FILES -> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

FINAL VERSION -> GUIDELINES -> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

FINAL VERSION -> PSD FILES -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JVYJGEJ4

PS - You'll notice I changed "Other tracks tagged with:" to "Tracks tagged with:" otherwise it is always scrolling the names.
    Also if it has to scroll then it should keep "Tracks tagged with:" static, and just scroll the tag name.

PPS - The only other additional thing that could be tweaked is the left hand side red guideline could be moved more to the left this would allow slightly wider track / artist names.

PPPS - Since we are already displaying the artist image, the album image should just show the album cover, it shouldn't cycle between album thumb and artist thumb, as it currently does.

Ok, there is shed load of possible layouts here and all as mockups, I have full screen fanart and a version using the original backdrop (in the streamedmp svn).

Here are the xmls files for the black background version, this is very much work in progress and me and kiwi are working on this, but this is something that that can be installed and tested, and viewed in the flesh. I have tested on 1280x720 on my laptop and on a full HD system but there may be scaling issues, would be greatful if these are reported.

Please backup you current versions of the files...copy the contents of the zip into the StreamedMP skin directory.

Fanart Handler is required and can be found here Downloads - fanart-handler - Project Hosting on Google Code

Problem reports are welcome....we are working on the various masks for fading, rounded corners etc and also looking at a new analog VU.

Have fun

Cheers

EDIT: The menu is animated and pops out as an extension to the topbar, hit up arrow from either of the list controls

Small problem. When i press the arrow buttons lots of times sometimes i can trigger either skipping the track or rewinding the track. This happens with both keyboard arrow keys and remote arrow keys. Happens very intermittently, but i can get it to happens if i hammer the arrow keys enough times. Not sure if this is related to your skin or the mediaportal engine.

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Trevor, thanks for the try-out files, I will give it a go!

Kiwi: great job! I really like the first EDGE VERSION - BLACK! :D

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Kiwijunglist and Trevor. I've used the Fanart Handler 1.0 since yesterday and the xml files from Trevor since yesterday and it's BRILLIANT! Can't wait to see the final version.

Cheers,

JMA

:D

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    We can also do fades/shadows around the album
    [/IMG]

one shadow is enough i think. its not bad, i think i prefer just one shadowing tho. im sure ill like it either way and if i dont its a pretty easy fix for me.

Yes, that's right: illumine pictures, put light in the corner, make the window more "3D" ?
    Think about ID 112 (cover) and visualization possibility
    Shortcuts and topbar are in conflict .

Have a lot of fun ;)

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great change! I have been waiting a long time for something like this.

2 questions:
    1. How do you get the stars to show up?
    2. How do you get the tags section to show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom