[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindalf

Portal Pro
May 31, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
i would use it to set volume + - and mute on my av receiver. The Blasting works so far, but the volume is set to av receiver AND systemvolume. How can i make the system not to listen to these buttons?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you're using the Microsoft driver (the default driver) then you cant change it, because the driver is changing the system volume.

If you're using the Replacement driver then you can make the volume button do whatever you want, just change the mapping in the button mapping area.

The other option is to teach the remote itself a new command for volume up and down.

Good luck,

bindalf

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks.i installed the replacement driver, now no keypress will control system. how can i assign the original bindings except the volume and mute buttons ?

i use the mce keyboard too, which has also no function right now. i need the functuality also when mp is not running. i need it like with original drivers except 3 buttons.

no i cant assign it directly to the remote control because only the blaster can reach the avr, because its behind a silver screen..sometimes :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you need the keyboard to work then you can't use the replacement driver. sorry.

Maybe set some other buttons to do the function you need...

Sorry, you may be stuck.

bottazzoli

Portal Member
    September 5, 2006
    Namibia
    macros

Hi and-81,

the new version works fine (with 0.2.3-RC1 mp).
    Just a question about macros. My receiver needs changes between providers (bouquets). The macros for that works fine and are attributet to the red and the green button on the RC.
    I would like to create an event when I click on the TV screen - Group - DsTV or Deucom. This buttons are automatic createt following the chanel groups in the tv card setup. How can I find the target control ID in order to create a clicked event?

Thanks for help, regards, JPB

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Good question, but I'm not sure how you would do that at all...

I'll look into it, but I'm worried that there might not be an answer ...

If we were post 0.2.3.0 I could just add an event into MediaPortal, but because we are in the middle of a bug hunt I don't believe I will be able to help you for some time.

As I said though, I will look into it.

Cheers,

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi,

got a quick and hopefully easy to answer question:
    i just installed 0.2.3 rc1
    before that i uninstalled the old version of the replacement plugin. now of course the remote doesn´t work, cause i didn´t remove the replacementplugin-driver(hope that makes sense?).
    so would it be better now to remove the driver and put the mce remote driver back, or can i just install the new version of the replacement plugin right away?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you install the new version straight away you'll be ok.

Otherwise you can uninstall the driver quite easily.

Your call,

Hope that helps,

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Problem mapping MCE buttons where condition=Window

Hi,

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I did a quick scan of this thread and didn't spot anything.

I am using the latest test version of the MCE Replacement Plugin and trying to map some extra functions to remote buttons using the condition "Window=xxx". When I add a new item under "All Layers", and select the condition to be "Window", "Home" is displayed as the default window option. Although I can select different windows from the drop down list, "Home" remains as the Window condition in the tree. It seems I can edit the config file and change the window (I think), but there is no way of changing the Window condition to be anything other than "Home" in the config.

I hope this makes sense. If you need any more info, please let me know.

Neil

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I made a change to the selection of the window id in the latest test copy, you can now type in a window id that isn't in the drop down list. A consequence of this is that you have to press enter to acknowledge the selection now ...

I'll try to fix this in a later version.

Hope that helps,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom