[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I don't know if you saw all the talk that went on in this sub-forum a while ago about a bug in MediaPortal TVE2 that was causing failed recordings?

I wasn't immediately sure if it was the cause of the trouble you're having, but on further inspection it seems that it probably is.

The bug causes an incorrect tv card id to be sent with the external channel tuning message when scheduled recordings start. We put in a fix for this but unfortunately the fix had some unexpected and damaging side effects (worse than the bug itself). The side-effects were completely unexpected and we had no choice but to remove the fix.

I'll take another look at the problem, and add a bug to mantis if it's not already covered by one. But the only sure-fire solution at this stage would be to move to TV Engine 3. Sorry :(

Thanks Aaron....please log it if you can. But it is probably time I try TV3 again...I had problems getting it configured for my PVR500 when I tried last time, but I will give it another try.

Cheers
    GeoV

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    If this feature works and people like it then I will put it in MediaPortal itself, that way everyone can enjoy it :)

This new feature works fine and is simply... wonderful !!! :D

I have update my picture sample to reflect your recent changes, a very big thank for all-your-job !

:D

King regards,
    xavier.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, there has been no progress on PVR-150 IR blaster support.

In fact, I've been very very bust the last couple of weeks and have done no software work in that time.

I'm hoping to get back coding in the next week or two.

Sorry,

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cool, thanks for adding that feature so quickly, missed this post, havebeen checking the request thread :rolleyes:

Will get on and test it now.

First thing I want to add is change of function keys for the MyTvSeries plugin page, so it acts like a Tivo.
    ie. on these pages right = select and left = back, then will reduce somw WAF noise!
    Will map right and left to some other keys to still retain the ability to switch between views (I have a Harmony universal remote so they can be anything).

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tested, works well.
    Have created 5 jump to page buttons using the page ID and 12 conditional key remappings based on page ID, soem with jump to window ID.
    All working well.

Only slight issue with it is that you have to clcik Enter after you add a value in the condition window, but hte usual action here would be to TAB to the next field or click with the mouse. This may be cause some users issues. Could you not add the action of _lost.focus to set the value from the txtbox as well as enter?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey all,

I've just uploaded a new test version that should support 0.2.3.0.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Cheers,

pipeme

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi

Firstly thanks for the plugin it is awesome!

note: I am using the latest version which supports 0.2.3.0 ( I do not have any MP SVNs installed either, just the base 0.2.3.0 RC1 is installed)

I got a small issue with it, when I am watching television and press either channel up or channel down it skips a channel so it is effectiely jumping 2 channels above the one you are currently on. (ie: I am on channel 7, press the channel up button, and it takes me to channel 10 instead of channel 9)

I tried changing the blaster speed but that did not help.

I am using a Microsoft MCE remote with the MS drivers (I have removed the MCE replacement driver mappings also).

When using your drivers the channel up/down buttons work fine.

I also found an issue when using the MCE Replacement Tray application. It seems that if you start MP by any method OTHER than the remote's start button AND you have the MCE Replacement Tray running, MP does not pick up the remote commands.

For example; If I standby my PC while in MP and then wake it up with the Power button on the remote, I can't navigate the MP menus. I have to close MP (via the mouse or keyboard), then start MP with the start button on the remote to make it work. Also, If I start up windows and then run MP using my mouse I can't navigate, I have to shutdown MP and then start it again with the start button.

So to clarify I'll put it in point form:

1. MCE Replacement Tray application can start MP when windows starts (works great) and remote can control MP menus.

2. If the MP standbys the PC (either via Power Scheduler or manually via sleep menu item in the MP menu) when the PC returns from standby the remote can no longer control MP menus (I am guessing because the OS starts MP on wakeup, not the MCE Replacement Tray application)

3. If any other method is used to start MP (either via the mouse or through MP's auto start on boot-up option) other than the MCE Replacement Tray application, the remote does not work in MP.

If you need any more info let me know

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the feedback,

I don't know why your channel changes would be jumping two at a time, but I'll look into it. Maybe you can supply a mediaportal.log file?

The second problem, with the tray app, is a know issue. There's not much I can do about it unfortunately. It's a limitation of the remote api, but I'll see what I can do to make it a bit more forgiving.

This limitation will be overcome when I release the "IR Server Suite". So maybe try that when I release a test copy later this week (hopefully).

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom