[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is a new test version in the first post of this thread (Version 1.0.4.1). It should fix a bug with Vista default driver suspend/resume handling (crashing).

I'll warn everyone now ... IR Server Suite is starting to mature quite well, so I'll be spending less time on MCE Replacement Plugin from now on... I will still release updates from time to time, but the documentation will suffer from a lack of attention, I'm sorry to do this I just don't have time to support both.

Thanks for everyone's kind words and support over the time I've been working on this. I expect that MCE Replacement plugin will be around for a while yet, I just thought I should warn you all that I can't support it like I used to.

If this version proves stable and reliable I will upload it to the web site download section. So please let me know if you have any trouble... areas to check are: Vista suspend/resume, and STB Blasting (you might need to reconfigure to get working)...

Cheers,

D

DMember 49125

Hi Aaron,

And thanks for all your effort.
    I can't find Tray Launcher in 1.0.4.1...

ord0

December 29, 2007
    Hi All,

Thanks to the tip with the deleting of the registry keys I made my new MCE Remote (almost) work with MediaPortal using the original ehome driver. The only issue that I face now is that the Page Up/Down keys are still doubled (so I scroll down two pages instead of one in long lists, which is irritating). Every other key works fine. Does anyone have the same problem or any ideas what might be causing it?

Thanks

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Gix:

Tray Launcher has been discontinued. It was always a bit outside the scope of the plugin and was never 100% reliable. Though I know some people never had a problem with it...

You can get a copy from an older version of the plugin release but if you have any trouble with it you'll need to move to IR Server Suite.

ord0:

That is very strange... what sort of remote is it? v2 Microsoft OEM mce remote ? European or US model ? Maybe you need to remove some more registry keys to disable those buttons...

I certainly haven't seen this kind of behaviour here ...

Just make sure you don't have multiple plugins/apps trying to use the remote at the same time, it could just be that you have the built-in mce remote support still enabled in mediaportal and it's acting on the button too ...

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Attached is an updated collection of the plugin files in 1.0.4.1

This should fix two problems:
    1. More reliable blasting.
    2. Multi-Mapping should toggle correctly (should also improve general responsiveness on slower systems).

Also, if you'd like Multi-Mapping to jump to a specific mapping instead of toggling you can now use the Change Multi-Mapping macro command and manually edit the macro file, changing the TOGGLE keyword to the name of the mapping you want to change to. Future versions will let you do this in the macro editor, but it's not ready yet.

Cheers,

hrox

Portal Member
    March 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    The discrete toggling works fine for me.

I have, however, a different problem:

I have mapped the volume up, down and mute buttons to blast command to the TV or Receiver (using different mappings) and they do that fine. The problem is that while doing that they also act on the PC volume. Following is the relevant code from the MediaPortal.log file:

Code:
    2008-01-08 00:47:18.984375 [Debug][MicrosoftMceTransceiver.DriverXP.ReadThread]: MCEReplacement: RemoteButtonReceived(31727)
    2008-01-08 00:47:18.984375 [Debug][GenericPCQueue]: MCEReplacement: ProcessRemoteButton(31727)
    2008-01-08 00:47:18.984375 [Info.][GenericPCQueue]: * / -1 / BLAST / BLAST: RECEIVER VOL +|PORT_1
    2008-01-08 00:47:18.984375 [Debug][ProcessCommand]: MCEReplacement - BlastIR(): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaPortal MCE Replacement Plugin\IR\RECEIVER VOL +.IR, PORT_1
    2008-01-08 00:47:19.000000 [Debug][GenericPCQueue]: MCEReplacement: Command "16" mapped to MCE remote
    2008-01-08 00:47:19.468750 [Info.][ProcessCommand]: MCEReplacement: Blast successful

I have had a similar multi-processing-of-a-signle-button problem before (double scroll on the main menu) and I have eliminated it using the 'Remove Replacement Driver Mapping' option.
    Note that this problem is not particular to the latest version, I used to have it on the previous one as well.

The blasting of the command to the receiver above is made on a multi-mapping scheme (mybe that is the cause?)

Thanks for the support.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hrox:

It does sound like the usual repeated button problem, but it could be an error in the code that handles multi-mapping, I'll take another look at the code and try to repeat the problem here.

Thanks,

hrox

Portal Member
    March 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I think I have figured it out. It didn't mention it, but I have undone the registry change on the eHome driver because with the change standby from the remote didn't work. Now I see that this is the reason - without the registry changes the remote independently of MP controls the volume. I will play with it a bit more to see how I can have standbly operating without the remote controlling the volume.

Any suggesetions?

Thanks

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmm, the new method works well for me and doesn't seem to interfere with standby.

The standby button on the remote is hard wired without the registry change, but you can manually map it in either MP Control Plugin or Translator ... maybe you should try again...

I'll take another look on my end and see what i can find.

Cheers,

hrox

Portal Member
    March 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    :oops:
    Sorry, my bad.

Somehow I didn't notice that the standby button wasn't mapped at all. I could swear it was, but I can't argue with facts. No wonder It didn't work...
    I obviously was to fast posting... Your responsivness is addicting:)

I have redone the registry change, and mapped the standby button - now everything works fine.
    Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom