[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Excellent news,

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    I'm using the plugin, but i have a problem..
    everything works till i end watching a movie, either by stopping it or letting it finish. After i get back to the movie list, the remote does not work anymore. I see the light on the receiver, but nothing happen on mediaportal. i can still use mouse or keyboard, but i have to close MP and start it again to get the remote working.

Why?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't know why that would happen, do you use an external player, maybe it's a focus issue?

I really need to see the log file to have any idea where to start... Can you please post back with a log file?

Cheers,

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    I'm using the plugin, but i have a problem..
    everything works till i end watching a movie, either by stopping it or letting it finish. After i get back to the movie list, the remote does not work anymore. I see the light on the receiver, but nothing happen on mediaportal. i can still use mouse or keyboard, but i have to close MP and start it again to get the remote working.

Why?

having same issue here, with both IR plugin and IR server - somehow it is killing the IR replacement driver (I am using a Philips MCE device so dont have ehome drivers). When using the IR replacement driver with HIP all is fine so this seems really odd.

which log files do you need? wonder if the IR replacement driver generates logs

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does the external player have built-in support for the mce remote? Are you running any other software that interacts with the MCE remote? Are you using HIP with the external player? What is the external player?

But I really need logs here guys, when in doubt give me everything you've got!

If you're using MCE replacement plugin then I would like the MediaPortal logs and the MicrosoftMceTransceiver_Driver*.log from the root directory of the drive.

If you're using IR Server Suite then I need all the IR Server Suite logs (there's a shortcut on the start menu in the IR Server Suite folder) and I need the mediaportal logs and the MicrosoftMceTransceiver_Driver*.log file.

Cheers,

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    using the latest version of the plugin, I experience double entry's

Like the button on the remote is pushed twice, but all settings are default and it happend only when swiching back to defaut MCE remote and back to Replacement.

Another thing is that in the configuration window, blasting is very good, all works fine. 1 mouse click means 1 blasts. but as soon as I enter MP, the pushing of the MCE remote which blasts gets unreliable.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi idioteque,

I had similar problems when I upgraded from the version from June 2007 to any later version. The fix (for me) was to stop using the MCE Replacement driver and follow the instructions from Aaaron on how to edit registry. Just uninstalling the replacement plugin did not cure the problem if I remember correctly.

/Peter

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Does the external player have built-in support for the mce remote? Are you running any other software that interacts with the MCE remote? Are you using HIP with the external player? What is the external player?

But I really need logs here guys, when in doubt give me everything you've got!

If you're using MCE replacement plugin then I would like the MediaPortal logs and the MicrosoftMceTransceiver_Driver*.log from the root directory of the drive.

If you're using IR Server Suite then I need all the IR Server Suite logs (there's a shortcut on the start menu in the IR Server Suite folder) and I need the mediaportal logs and the MicrosoftMceTransceiver_Driver*.log file.

Cheers,

I went back to the replacement driver + HIP for a few days but will test things again today and gather a few logs too.

Thanks

Jez

bottazzoli

Portal Member
    September 5, 2006
    Namibia
    Hi and-81,

IRServer Version 1.0.4.1 and older, I try to use blast.exe from GBPVR and direct comand line:
    "C:\Program Files\IR Server Suite\IR Blast\irblast.exe" -host localhost -channel 443 sends only the first digit (4) nothing else.
    This command is fully executed:
    "C:\Program Files\IR Server Suite\IR Blast\irblast.exe" -host localhost "4.ir" ~ "4.ir" ~ "3.ir"

Timing problem? Any settings for the tramissions delay?
    Thanks for help, JPB

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bottazzoli:

I'll take a look and see what's going on... I'll probably end up add a new command line option to force a pause between blasts.

Also, I'll take make the -host command default to localhost, which will make it simpler for the average setup.

Thanks,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom