[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottazzoli

Portal Member
September 5, 2006
Namibia
Aaron:

That is a very good idea, it will make the tool usable for other Media solutions. I have tested the GBPVR channel change solution with HIP and IRBlast, non of them are working correctly. Sometime the (3 digits) channel number is transmitted correctly and sometime not. From the command line, only the IRBlast is working correctly when using the ". ir" commands, -channel param is not executing correctly.

I like to use your excellent IR Server Suite and the Translator. It makes it easy to controlling all the applications with the remote control, and it is well integrated into MP. HIP has a complicated UI and is slow. Nevertheless, at the end the Media Solution from GBPVR is also nice if I could make the channels changes automated for recording. The rest is well done with the Translator.

Thanks for your work, JPB

dasher

Portal Member
October 16, 2007
I'm Having a problem with the plugin. I have the eHome driver installed. When i navigate through mediaportal using the up/down/left/right buttons, i get double hits. So i press the button once and the highlighted green bit jumps two spots. Almost a if the plugin is NOT over riding the windows normal functions of these keys. Therefore windows and the plugin register my button press and i'm thinking thats causing the double hit. I tried the replacement driver and it solves the problem BUT resume/standby don't work....sooo not an option. Has anyone else had this problem?? How do you fix it??

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Dasher,

Yes, I had the issue but using the Replacement driver and the MST Standby tool, I now have no "double hits" and resume and suspend work so all is fine. :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dasher:

The default driver handles those buttons automatically. You can prevent it by removing some registry keys, then it will behave exactly the same as the replacement driver. See the link in my signature (You don't need the MCE Replacement Driver).

Cheers,

dasher

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    OK..thanks for you replies.. Well first i tried the registry edit and it work well for the double hits, BUT when i hit the PC power button the remote functions froze, however the keyboard work fine. So why is that? Editing the registry, does it effect all windows key functions or just the up/down/left/right/OK buttons?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Editing the registry as described should prevent any keys from being acted on automatically, including the pc power button... Maybe there is something running (one of the mce services) that is still catching some of the buttons.

The keyboard will still work as expected. Except for the keys that are also on the remote (the keyboard sends them the same way the remote does, but uses a different IR protocol for the keyboard buttons).

Also, You might need to run the MCE Standby tool to get standby/resume working 100%

Hope that helps,

Pastill

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Doubble hit

Dasher

... instead you could edit the button mapping in the Control plugin

If you remove the "No condition" actions for these buttons your problem is fixed.
    Then you'll have one step for one buttonpress.
    Or you can remove the whole button but then some specific actions in MP is gone

AND-81: How do you get a button back if you have removed it ?

The buttons you have to fix is
    Up-Down-Left-Right-OK and all the number buttons

dasher

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    PASTILL your a genius.....

Your solution has worked 100%. The native standby/resume works better than the MST standby tool i found, so your method keeps it very simple. Thanks

Also, The number buttons you mentioned - is it possible to map channel 2(ABC) with button 2?

Pastill

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    PASTILL your a genius.....

Your solution has worked 100%. The native standby/resume works better than the MST standby tool i found, so your method keeps it very simple. Thanks

Also, The number buttons you mentioned - is it possible to map channel 2(ABC) with button 2?

That depends how you organize it in the MP Configuration.
    Go to Television - TV Channels.
    There you can decide in what order you want all the channels = what number(s) from the remote.
    Choose a channel and you can then move it up/down ( see the buttons below) to the wanted place/position
    (And then you can take a backup of the channel settings just in case)

dasher

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Pastill, i am using the tv server and so that section in configurations is greyed out. is there any other ways of mapping these?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom