hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok guys.

The "One Button Music" plugin will appear soon in the Plugins Download section.

3 Modes available:

Use Playlist: Specify a Playlist found in your playlist folder
    Random Playlist: A random Playlist is picked out of your Playlist Folder
    I'm Feeling Lucky: 100 random songs are selected out of the database and played

Note: Last.FM and Audio Scrobbling are not available due to technical reasons. I won't do Radio support (however you can have internet radio streams in a playlist).

And the Source code is published in the mp-plugins svn. so you're welcome to enhance it

dabbith

Portal Member
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you so much, that's awesome. I can't wait to try it out when I get home.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks.... Shame about the audio scrobbler and last fm though, as that is easily the holy grail of one button music.... In good time I imagine.... Thanks a million none the less... :D

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    works perfectly! wonder why a feature like this hasn't been implemented earlier... and i dream of the next upgrade with last.fm playback after mp 1.0 final is released and the code can probably be edited :D

thx alot!

dabbith

Portal Member
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just tried the plug-in. Does exactly what I needed. I did notice one bit of odd behavior. Using the P button behaves perfectly. For some reason, the play button behaves incorrectly. I'm using the random 100 songs option. When I press P, I hear the music, I get a playlist with 100 songs and see the playing music in the bottom right hand corner of the home screen, now playing shows the current song and the stop button works properly. When I press play, I still hear the music (sometimes I need to hit play twice), I still get a playlist, but I don't get the playing music on the home screen, if I go to Now Playing, it looks like nothing is playing. If I press the stop button nothing happens. If I choose a song to play, everything starts working properly again.

Another note,

With the "Scrobble mode enabled per default" setting turned on in the audioscrobbler plugin, I noticed that my random playlist was being scrobbled. I think if there were a 4th mode that picked 1 random song to create a playlist, you should be able to scrobble from that. If you didn't like the starting song, you could hit stop and play again to start the playlist with a different random song.

JonasIL

Portal Member
    April 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    This is a great plugin!

A feature I would like to see added is to start a streamed radio channel when pushing Play.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I just tried the plug-in. Does exactly what I needed. I did notice one bit of odd behavior. Using the P button behaves perfectly. For some reason, the play button behaves incorrectly. I'm using the random 100 songs option. When I press P, I hear the music, I get a playlist with 100 songs and see the playing music in the bottom right hand corner of the home screen, now playing shows the current song and the stop button works properly. When I press play, I still hear the music (sometimes I need to hit play twice), I still get a playlist, but I don't get the playing music on the home screen, if I go to Now Playing, it looks like nothing is playing. If I press the stop button nothing happens. If I choose a song to play, everything starts working properly again.

Couldn't try any remote, since my HTPC, with remote, is occupied by wife. but normally it shouldn't make any difference.

Another note,

With the "Scrobble mode enabled per default" setting turned on in the audioscrobbler plugin, I noticed that my random playlist was being scrobbled. I think if there were a 4th mode that picked 1 random song to create a playlist, you should be able to scrobble from that. If you didn't like the starting song, you could hit stop and play again to start the playlist with a different random song.

That's what i tried first. Adding one song. but it doesn't work.
    it seems that scrobbling started for you, as soon as you entered the Playlist GUI.
    this is the technical reason, i've talked about. Scrobblin only starts, when the Playlist screen is active.
    It won't work, when staying on Home.
    Yes, i could go to the Playlist screen, but isn't the plugin all about on staying on Home page?

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Autoscrobbler does not work?

Thank you for that application!

My girl friend will be very pleased to not have to turn on TV for playing -> Means: high WAF (Womans Acceptance Factor) ;)

I will try it out this evening, but with default enabled Auto Scrobbler...As written above it should work! And if you set BASS to auto shuffle the playlist, you will get a very similar effect on your playlist, even with only a fistful of songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom