One Button Random Music? (2 Viewers)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey sorry to ask again, but is there just any way to hotlink straight to "last.fm radio" - "my web-radio" with just one button, I don't care so much about staying in the main screen as if the monitor is off I don't really care where it goes or what it displays.... I just want to be able to press a button that triggers the hyperlink to last.fm's web radio... I mean if there was some way I could just program a macro that would take me through the corresponding button presses that is required.. Even better if the last.fm radio plugin had a setting that would just automatically put one of the choices you have in the "Start / Change stream" dialogue on automatically on launch would work fine..

I just love last.fm web radio... It is amazing, and I'm always discovering new exciting music, funny enough that i like..

dabbith

Portal Member
June 7, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Couldn't try any remote, since my HTPC, with remote, is occupied by wife. but normally it shouldn't make any difference.

I thought it was strange that it behaved differently. I'll try to steal the HTPC for a bit this weekend and see if I can trace exactly what is happening.

That's what i tried first. Adding one song. but it doesn't work.
it seems that scrobbling started for you, as soon as you entered the Playlist GUI.
this is the technical reason, i've talked about. Scrobblin only starts, when the Playlist screen is active.

Ah, that makes sense. Luckily I don't care about that feature so much. I like all the music in my library so the random option is just fine.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey sorry to ask again, but is there just any way to hotlink straight to "last.fm radio" - "my web-radio" with just one button

The answer is still no.
    I am not a fan of quick and dirty solutions and therefore there won't be a hack just to get it going.
    For the real one-click-pleasure there are way more things which needs to be handled (Think of last.fm's streaming servers being offline, faulty account details, etc).

I like the idea myself and there's a good chance something like that will be possible soon but surly not before the 1.0 release...

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Anyone else got remote problems after starting the plugin?
    after I pressed play on home and the plugn started most remote buttons do not respont (arrowws/ok works fine)
    I could stop music via topbar but even after that the music stoped, remote does not work.
    after I disabled plugin, everything is ok again

pissbang

November 26, 2008
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this sound cool and will try it out when i get home.

just one question. is there any way of increasing the number of the randomly played songs?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    but what if you need different playlists for different moods (or for different guests)?

What if you could select a playlist by number, then press the play button... that would be very sweet, up to 10 different playlists. For change in mood, select a number after the playlist is playing to switch to a different playlist in the playlist-list.

So it goes from 1 button convenience to 2 button convenience ... all with the lights down low and no TV on.

Then maybe a macro to play full screen that fireplace video you are so proud of, and turn on the tv for you, while playing music ... as you are lighting the scented candles and pouring the wine.

:D

Chuck

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    but what if you need different playlists for different moods (or for different guests)?

What if you could select a playlist by number, then press the play button... that would be very sweet, up to 10 different playlists. For change in mood, select a number after the playlist is playing to switch to a different playlist in the playlist-list.

So it goes from 1 button convenience to 2 button convenience ... all with the lights down low and no TV on.

Then maybe a macro to play full screen that fireplace video you are so proud of, and turn on the tv for you, while playing music ... as you are lighting the scented candles and pouring the wine.

:D

Chuck

Well, then you better turn on the TV and use the inbuilt screens.
    I really don't want to build complete functionality, which is already there.

This thread started, that someone wanted a way to start music from home, without turning on tv or projector

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    this sound cool and will try it out when i get home.

just one question. is there any way of increasing the number of the randomly played songs?

ok, i'll add an input field, wich allows changing the number of songs, but you could press simply "Play" again and it'll add 100 other songs.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

my mce remote doesn't seem to work with this plugin most of the time but keyboard 'p' works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom