One Button Random Music? (1 Viewer)

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey thanks for building the plugin but unfortunately its not working for me. I have a gateway mce remote and i tried to hit play on both home screens, "p" on the keyboard doesnt work either. The plugin is enabled and configurated to play random. It almost seems like the program isnt hooking my key presses.

Any ideas?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Then maybe a macro to play full screen that fireplace video you are so proud of, and turn on the tv for you, while playing music ... as you are lighting the scented candles and pouring the wine.

That part was tongue-in-cheek.

I think the number option would be useful though.

regards,

Chuck

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is the 100song working for all of u? i mean if you dont have playlists? i only have two playlists of 2 different cds and when i choose 100song option it keeps playing only songs of that two playlists. shouldnt it play from the whole database (ie all my music files)?

pissbang

November 26, 2008
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this sound cool and will try it out when i get home.

just one question. is there any way of increasing the number of the randomly played songs?

ok, i'll add an input field, wich allows changing the number of songs, but you could press simply "Play" again and it'll add 100 other songs.

thanks, works like a treat with remote and keyboard.

:D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    is the 100song working for all of u? i mean if you dont have playlists? i only have two playlists of 2 different cds and when i choose 100song option it keeps playing only songs of that two playlists. shouldnt it play from the whole database (ie all my music files)?

yes, it should. and it does for me. Can you look at the playlist window and see what is there.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hey thanks for building the plugin but unfortunately its not working for me. I have a gateway mce remote and i tried to hit play on both home screens, "p" on the keyboard doesnt work either. The plugin is enabled and configurated to play random. It almost seems like the program isnt hooking my key presses.

Any ideas?

Please post your logs. it should work with both keyboard and remote

armyofme

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2006
    York
    Home Country
    A HUGE thank you Hwahrmann! I've wanted this feature for ages! Another brilliant contribution from you (much appreciate your other work with visualisations too).

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Works great!! Many thanks. This plugin should be included in the next SVN.

this sound cool and will try it out when i get home.

just one question. is there any way of increasing the number of the randomly played songs?

ok, i'll add an input field, wich allows changing the number of songs, but you could press simply "Play" again and it'll add 100 other songs.

Or maybe just auto ad an additional 10 songs at a time if the playlist is nearing the end of the original 100 random songs?

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yesterday i tested the plugin (rnd 100 tracks) on my testmachine with rc3 installed and only via pressing p cause theres no tvcard/remote installed actually... it worked. on my htpc with rc2 it also worked by pressing p on the keyboard. but now tested pressing play on the remote and a nice error message shows up and wants to quit mp... :( so is it because of the older rc2 or maybe a conflict with my hauppauge remote or even anything else?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I installed the plug on my test machine (with no remote) and the keyboard worked a charm, even the topbar vcr controls....

When I tried it on my HTPC with remote, the play button got music started, but then the remote functions failed, except for the basic move up, down, left, right, OK. All the vcr controls failed (pause, stop, skip, skip-back) as well as the same topbar vcr controls. Also, although the music was playing, the 'now-playing' thumb and info didn't show.

I Exited MP and tried it again with the same result. Disabled the plug and all was back to normal.

I'm using a Harmony remote as a MS MCE remote in MP.

I'm not sure what happened.

Chuck

Now the wife has the remote for the evening.... and we leave on holiday early in the morning... won't be back til Monday :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom