One of two TT S2-3200 card's sometimes shows "No signal" (2 Viewers)

ikke

Portal Member
April 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I'm using this the fix for about 2 weeks now and it works fine for me! Do you have an idea when this code will be in the mediaportal release?

Ikke

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *bump*

What is the verdict here?
    Bad drivers and/or TV Server issue?

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, i couldn't test the fix until now. No time for testing and i can't screw up my system.
    Is this fix included in 1.3 Alpha release?

My statement to the procedure with restarting tvservice/tuner is, that it result in unstable behaviour.
    Furthermore dvbviewer is able to initialize the tuner, so MP should be able too.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed this prolbem too. I have 2 Technotrend Cards (S2-3200 and S2-1600). It worked all the time with mp. I experienced the probleme some days ago with version 1.23 installed. I tried 1.30 aplha now but it didn't help. I have no signal on one card right after boot. After playing around in setuptv both cards were working, but only until next boot. I tried to get them working again, but could not succeed.
    Please give me advice how to fix this.

With TT-Media Center both cards work at the same time always.

Last edited:

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm currently testing a hint i found in the forum and looks much better for me now.
    Go in tvserver configuration and check the point "Allow this Card to be preloaded" for the card with lower id.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for the advice netexplorer. after a reboot both cards are working. The first stress test succeeded, but not the second one. my cards have id 7 and 8. during the second stress test number 8 ist displayed as N/A in the dialog and is showing errors. a restart of the tvservice doesn't help to get both cards working again. after rebooting both cards are available again. after hibernate also only one card is working with reinit service on wakeup set in power scheduler plugin. without this reinit both cards work after hibernate. strange behavior.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi,

are You sure if it's a problem only for two card systems? I use only one TT S2-3200 card but have the same issues. With dvbviewer everything works well but MP is crashing after a while. Before that MP shows DVB-T channels but no BVD-S channels any more. Get also no signal, no channel found, etc error messages??

I found out that EPG grabbing switched off stabiliazie the system a bit but MP running over more than 3 days are rare!

See my threads here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/workarround-for-dvb-s-tv-server-problem.113855/

So, I belive it could be a problem how MP works with TT card. No real driver problem but a "how to use driver" topic or reviewing this thread perhaps also a using two cards problem???

I hope MP team can help us because using an unstable MP system is an masty thing.

ramu

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    last weekend i installed mp 1.9.0 and had some problems with mp freezing after wakeup from hibernate. after some reboots i had a error message when launching mp configuration. in the error log i found an entry about a problem with "bass". configuration utility didn't work anymore, because of this error. changes couldn't be saved. i saw that the musicdsp.xml file had another date/time than the other files and i decided to delete this file. configuration worked again.

regarding my long lasting problems with the 2 technotrend cards (S2-3200 and S2-1600) i decided to run a batch file for restarting tvservice in the powerscheduler plugin of the tv server's advanced tab. that didn't help and other errors occured. so i deleted this batch again and modified other settings in tv server configuration to test:

- i unchecked "reinitialize tv tuner on wakeup" in powerscheduler plugin, advanced tab
    - i checked "allow this card to be used for epg grabbing" for both cards in the card properties
    - i checked "allow this card to be preloaded" only for the card with the lower id
    - i checked "pause card" below on both cards

result since these changes: a perfect running system!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    - i checked "allow this card to be used for epg grabbing" for both cards in the card properties
    Here is probably the solution.
    You probably had EPG grabbing running almost constantly, and with unstable drivers that will lead to problems.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is probably the solution.
    You probably had EPG grabbing running almost constantly, and with unstable drivers that will lead to problems.

i don't think so, because i turned epg grabbing off for one card, because there were problems already. problem was always after resume from standby (hibernate), that there was "no signal" or only one card working. only after a reboot both cards worked until i made the changes described above. so everything is fine now. just wanted to post it here, perhaps it helps someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom