I noticed this prolbem too. I have 2 Technotrend Cards (S2-3200 and S2-1600). It worked all the time with mp. I experienced the probleme some days ago with version 1.23 installed. I tried 1.30 aplha now but it didn't help. I have no signal on one card right after boot. After playing around in setuptv both cards were working, but only until next boot. I tried to get them working again, but could not succeed.
Please give me advice how to fix this.
With TT-Media Center both cards work at the same time always.
thanks for the advice netexplorer. after a reboot both cards are working. The first stress test succeeded, but not the second one. my cards have id 7 and 8. during the second stress test number 8 ist displayed as N/A in the dialog and is showing errors. a restart of the tvservice doesn't help to get both cards working again. after rebooting both cards are available again. after hibernate also only one card is working with reinit service on wakeup set in power scheduler plugin. without this reinit both cards work after hibernate. strange behavior.
are You sure if it's a problem only for two card systems? I use only one TT S2-3200 card but have the same issues. With dvbviewer everything works well but MP is crashing after a while. Before that MP shows DVB-T channels but no BVD-S channels any more. Get also no signal, no channel found, etc error messages??
I found out that EPG grabbing switched off stabiliazie the system a bit but MP running over more than 3 days are rare!
last weekend i installed mp 1.9.0 and had some problems with mp freezing after wakeup from hibernate. after some reboots i had a error message when launching mp configuration. in the error log i found an entry about a problem with "bass". configuration utility didn't work anymore, because of this error. changes couldn't be saved. i saw that the musicdsp.xml file had another date/time than the other files and i decided to delete this file. configuration worked again.
regarding my long lasting problems with the 2 technotrend cards (S2-3200 and S2-1600) i decided to run a batch file for restarting tvservice in the powerscheduler plugin of the tv server's advanced tab. that didn't help and other errors occured. so i deleted this batch again and modified other settings in tv server configuration to test:
- i unchecked "reinitialize tv tuner on wakeup" in powerscheduler plugin, advanced tab
- i checked "allow this card to be used for epg grabbing" for both cards in the card properties
- i checked "allow this card to be preloaded" only for the card with the lower id
- i checked "pause card" below on both cards
result since these changes: a perfect running system!
i don't think so, because i turned epg grabbing off for one card, because there were problems already. problem was always after resume from standby (hibernate), that there was "no signal" or only one card working. only after a reboot both cards worked until i made the changes described above. so everything is fine now. just wanted to post it here, perhaps it helps someone else.