OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be possible to have different XML ID:s for different viewing clips? For example, I want to have a shortcut for MusicVideos and this would take me to OnlineVideos -> MTV Music Videos?
    And when pressing another shortcut for Trailers, I want it to show OnlineVideos -> Apple Trailers
    and so on....

Also, I would really love to have the possibillity to play music videos continuously. :)

AND..... Would it be possible to make the spincontrols to work instead for the "Next page" label in the context menu?

Anyway, thank you for a great plugin!

Thanks!

You mean you want to place a shortcut on e.g. the Home Screen that leads directly to a specific site of the OnlineVideos Plugin. I guess that would only work if you can give a shortcut some kind of parameter. Because afaik, a plugin can only have one ID.

The spincontrols are an integrated part of the facade. I can not "misuse" them, like you mean. Instead, I can maybe place the Next/Prev Page buttons somewhere more convenient in the B3 skins i guess.

You can play a full page of MusicVideos using the contextmenu entry "Play All". Probably not enough for you I think ;)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    ^ Search in the forum!
    Oh... Now I feel really stupid! :oops: Sorry, but thanx!

You mean you want to place a shortcut on e.g. the Home Screen that leads directly to a specific site of the OnlineVideos Plugin. I guess that would only work if you can give a shortcut some kind of parameter. Because afaik, a plugin can only have one ID.
    Yes thats exactly what I mean.
    Well, thats a possibillity with multishortcut. But I dont think that would be the ultimate way.. :) Is there any way to have different .xml files instead, like one OnlineVideos_MusicVideos.xml and one OnlineVideos_Trailers.xml?

The spincontrols are an integrated part of the facade. I can not "misuse" them, like you mean. Instead, I can maybe place the Next/Prev Page buttons somewhere more convenient in the B3 skins i guess.
    Hmm, I didn't think it was possible to move those buttons out of the menu but I tried and it worked fine. I added the texturefocus and unfocus images for the page_up and page_down images instead. Great!! :)

You can play a full page of MusicVideos using the contextmenu entry "Play All". Probably not enough for you I think ;)
    Well, thats better than if I only could play one file at time I guess. :p But if it would be possible to play like everything in a folder in random order, that would have been awesome!! :D

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Having one window (xml file) per site would be a skinning nighmare ;)

I'll look into the random play of a full category for the next version.

Can you attach your changed skin files?

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    Having one window (xml file) per site would be a skinning nighmare ;)
    Well, my idea was to have a parameter in xml files like OnlineVideos_MusicVideos.xml and OnlineVideos_Trailers.xml. And then using <import>OnlineVideos.xml</import> for the skinning xml file.
    But ofcourse this should be an option to use it like this. :) Do you think this is possible?

Why I do want this feature is because I have different screens for Video and Musics. And when entering the Music section with all subcategories there is a shortcut for MusicVideos. And in Video section, there is a shortcut for onlinevideos, and in Movies there is a shortcut for Trailers. And it would be great to have direct access to each of them instead of just reaching the same screen "OnlineVideos.xml" and then need to find the Trailer, MusicVideos or whatever you want to use. :)

I'll look into the random play of a full category for the next version.
    That sounds great! Thank you.

Can you attach your changed skin files?
    I will do that when I come home, Im working right now..... (hrm, should be working.. :p)

Regards!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, my idea was to have a parameter in xml files like OnlineVideos_MusicVideos.xml and OnlineVideos_Trailers.xml. And then using <import>OnlineVideos.xml</import> for the skinning xml file.
    But ofcourse this should be an option to use it like this. :) Do you think this is possible?!
    The skin engine of MP (unfortunately) does not support those constructs. The only possibility would be a xml file with a new ID to be called. So offbyone would have to create some extra IDs to access in different occasions AND to support the constructs you described above.

eriksdam

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Great plugin! One issue: How do I get rid of sites I don't want?? Logic would dictate that they should simply be un-selected or deleted in MP-setup, and then the setup should be saved. Neither option works - the sites are still present when I start up MP...

Both plugin and MP are the latest versions, running under vista home premium.

Any clues?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great plugin! One issue: How do I get rid of sites I don't want?? Logic would dictate that they should simply be un-selected or deleted in MP-setup, and then the setup should be saved. Neither option works - the sites are still present when I start up MP...

Both plugin and MP are the latest versions, running under vista home premium.

Any clues?

I just unchecked YouTube in configuration, did save, and started MediaPortal and there was no YouTube anymore. Are you starting Config as admin?

eriksdam

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Starting config as admin did the trick. It wouldn't have occurred to me to try that - all other plugins can be configured without issues by opening configuration normally.
    Ah well, as long as it works :)

Thanks!!

Andrjs

Portal Member
    June 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi All,

I have just a few problem with the vodcast and new entry wwitv.

For Vodcast I have some problem with this link:

http://tg24.sky.it/static/swf/sky_wowzakamai.swf

Onlinevideo load it as a radio (with audio but without video) but with previous versions it worked and also with the old plugins mystreams it still works.

For wwitv I have a similar problem if I try to load an Italian tv I can hear the audio but no video.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom