OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Can't get MP4 videos to play

Hi:

I'm having issues playing MP4 clips in Online Videos, specifically those YouTube clips in HD, and Apple Trailers. When I configure YouTube's "max quality" setting to HD, I can't get Online Videos to play the clip - it starts/try to buffer and just stops/hangs. I believe the HD option causes Online Videos to download the clips in MP4 format. It works fine if I set the YouTube options to "normal", which I believe an FLV file will be downloaded instead. I also can't get Apple Trailers to play - it just stops/hangs.

Interestingly, if I download/save the MP4 clip to my local HDD, and tried playing it in MediaPortal (outside of Online Videos), the MP4 clip plays, to it looks like Online Videos isn't using the codes set in the main MP config.

I've had a play with the rendering engine, switching from VMR9 (my default since I'm running XP SP3), to EVR. Apparently the MP4 streams works with EVR turned on, although playback stutters and is not smooth. If I select VMR9 the problem comes back. Anyway EVR causes problem with other videos/TV playback so I would prefer not to use EVR in my XP SP3 system.

Anyone has any ideas what could be wrong? I'm running MP 1.0.2 (stable, no SVN).

p/s: I'm not at home at the moment so can't attach a log file, will do it when I get a chance.

Thanks.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm having issues playing MP4 clips in Online Videos, specifically those YouTube clips in HD, and Apple Trailers.

I had similar issues caused by the Cyberlink Codec.
So if you have PowerDVD installed, choose a different codec for HD in the video section and try again.

Regards,
grubi.

nice to hear about the new version (0.12) - especially the ZDF fix. but it cannot be downloaded yet under MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Online Videos, it's still v.0.11 there - can you please upload the 0.12? thank you very much!

The reason why it is not available yet is simple.

Our good old friend offbyone is one of those guys with that special kind of sardistic disposition.
So he is currently sitting in front of his PC, holding release 12 of that great piece of software which he has already finished long time ago in his right hand and is waiting for e-mails like yours which give him that pleasurable feeling. So it simply needs some more of those mails and he will upload the new release.

Getting serious again.

If you read that thread carefully you should have noticed that offbyone spends a lot of his spare time by actively developing this plugin, which is for sure not always a pleasure as it could be considered a moving target. If you like to speedup the developing process further simply drop him a PM and ask how you can actively support him in development.

If that is not possible for you the very least you could do then is to go to the first post of this thread and press the 'Thanks' button (which I have seen you havn't done already).

Please don't feel offended by my post, just read it carefully and think about. ;)

Thanks.

Ayres

October 5, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Still no South Park auf English? Otherwise famtastic work and many thanks for this great plugin!

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Riga
Home Country
Hello,
first of all - Thanks a lot for this OnlineVideos plugin! :D
I have a bit strange question: can i find somewhere old versions of this plugin? Long story why (skin-related). Of course i googled, but no luck. Maybe I asked wrong question to Google :)
Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance!

antgash

Portal Pro
January 6, 2009
san francisco
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
funny or die

i've tried adding some sites to no avail. mainly i'd like to add funnyordie.com
can someone post a quick guide, or point me to an already existing one?
thanks in advance.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Latvian3Dman: Old version can only be retreived using svn checkout.

Ayres: Since I don't have access to it from germany southpark.com is not gonna happen until someone from a country with access decides to go for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom