OnlineVideos 0.5.0 01/06/2009 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have Miro running back end dropping all it's content in my Videos folder which works well, but it's not live streaming and I can't use a remote to access new content... So yeah.. temporary solution.. I plan to integrate the Firefox plugin and use it's mouse control to access Miro.. Will keep you guys posted on how it goies..

haw

Portal Member
July 27, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have Miro running back end dropping all it's content in my Videos folder which works well, but it's not live streaming and I can't use a remote to access new content... So yeah.. temporary solution.. I plan to integrate the Firefox plugin and use it's mouse control to access Miro.. Will keep you guys posted on how it goies..

please keep us informed about your steps.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep.. Will do... I have a few questions to the author.. Where have the thumbnails gone? I'm not getting any with the Blue3 skin... Currently tweaking the skin to have an acurate side menu but noticed pretty much straight away that there were not any? Please advise.. Thanks

haw

Portal Member
July 27, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Yep.. Will do... I have a few questions to the author.. Where have the thumbnails gone? I'm not getting any with the Blue3 skin... Currently tweaking the skin to have an acurate side menu but noticed pretty much straight away that there were not any? Please advise.. Thanks

I have started to do some trials to see podcasts/rss/online tv with this plugin (before I was using Mypodcasts) and I had this results

Youtube ok
Metacafe ok
DailyMotion LIST OF FILES, THEN NOTHING HAPPEN
Apple Trailer -> Haali media splitter windows dialog: can't open file
Break Ok
Cnn Ok
VeryFunnyAds Ok
Msnbc Ok

Podcasts (that I add)
Msdn Ok (starts in the small windows bottom left)
Crave LIST OF FILES, THEN NOTHING HAPPEN
MotoGp LIST OF FILES, THEN NOTHING HAPPEN
Cnet Video Podcasts LIST OF FILES, THEN NOTHING HAPPEN

Some of you has the same problems?

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ok, the good news is I have it all going, and it's not the plugin, rather codec setup... Search for the my trailers post, in the first post the author provides a link to a package called SAF... Basically uninstall all your codecs, Nero, Cyberlink, ffdshow the lot. And then follow the posts instructions...

I have everything working, and using the SAF's recommended codecs and yet still have ffdshow upscaling my video and turning most of my audio into 5.1....

Here make it easier for you. Heres the link. I'm going to start adding to my podcast list.. Some good news, you can use Miro to find what you like and then just copy the link into the onlinevideos.xml.. I'm in podcast heaven. Could be easier but hey don't know if we will ever hear from this author again. :)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

haw

Portal Member
July 27, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ok, the good news is I have it all going, and it's not the plugin, rather codec setup... Search for the my trailers post, in the first post the author provides a link to a package called SAF... Basically uninstall all your codecs, Nero, Cyberlink, ffdshow the lot. And then follow the posts instructions...

I have everything working, and using the SAF's recommended codecs and yet still have ffdshow upscaling my video and turning most of my audio into 5.1....

Here make it easier for you. Heres the link. I'm going to start adding to my podcast list.. Some good news, you can use Miro to find what you like and then just copy the link into the onlinevideos.xml.. I'm in podcast heaven. Could be easier but hey don't know if we will ever hear from this author again. :)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

I'm going better...
I had already installed Saf, but I have updated it to the 3.3 (some problem with the 3.4)
and I miss only the last version of clvsd.ax
Now I can see almost all the videos.
I still fail with Motogp, tomorrow I will continue with my experiments.
Thank you for your help

Btw nobody has found a way to replace the codec with one freeware?

Rayures

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
nice update, although i also have an issue with the search option (nothing happens when selecting 'search') and when going back after a video it is not going to the onlinevideo menu.

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

Thanks for this plugin!

It would be more fantastic if it could read live tv.

I made a rss file on my computer, add the address of this file in podcast section and it works but only for webtv like

"mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv"

All mms stream works

but it's not working for

"wwitv.com/a1/b2743.asx"

All webTv with .asx or .php or what you want are not working.

I don't know if it's possible (or too difficult) to add this feature.

I know there is MyStream plugin, it's work well. But finally you have to have 4356543... plugins to do all you want. I think one plugin for all live contents it's better.

:D

sens_2002

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks for the fantastic plugin! A few questions though..

Hi, thanks again! I still hope I will make it working!
    So far I have found the following issues:

1. Youtube does not work for me using internal player in MediaPortal (v. 1.0). Windows media player and other external media players are able to play flv files and flv extension is added to the list in MediaPortal. Apple trailers and some other channels work but Youtube! When pressing a button MP "thinks" a bit and then nothing happens.

2. If it finally works with other "channels"and I watch the video to the end or just press "stop" - I see the main menu instead of ther list of videos where I started. Skin - MediaStream v 0.13. Very strange!

Any advice will be appreciated.
    Cheers

Brungle

Portal Member
    January 16, 2009
    after installing the .mpi when i try enter MP config>plugins I get an error msg (attached) unable to locate Google.GData.Youtube... ive tried uninstalling the mpi but still get this issue? any ideas please I cant manage ANY plugins at all now :(

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      18.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom