OnlineVideos 1.9.0.0 [2014/09/7] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffet

Portal Member
December 16, 2008
Home Country
I have taken some Wireshark dumps of when it works fine through the web browser, and when it fails through Mediaportal. Let me know if you would like me to post these. I haven't looked into them much myself yet.

Generally speaking, I'm not very skilled in interpreting wireshark captures, more familiar with fiddler2.
If it's possible, can you check if XBMC is able to play them, and/or provide a VPN so I can test?

I installed XBMC but can't find a recent addon similar to OnlineVideos? There is xbmc-catchuptv-au but that hasn't been updated for a while.
I can setup some access via OpenVPN and send you the details if you like?

On a side note, could the issue be due to OV not declaring a User-Agent when it tries to connect to SBS On Demand? From comparing the Wireshark logs, i notice when watching via a web browser, it will declare a User-Agent such as the following:
Code:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64)
OV doesn't declare this at all, so i wondered whether this might be causing the 403 Forbidden response. It's probably not, but i thought it was worth asking!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi offbyone. My site "DR NU" is a bit slow when populating episodes, and it is because I need to get and parse an m3u8 file for each episode. When populating a list with, say 45 episodes, sometimes i reach default timeout. Getting 6 episodes is ~ 1,5 seconds, so it's not really slow, but it all adds up when getting a lot of episodes.

So, question is, should I use some kind of paging (will it enable splitting server-request up i smaller chunks?) or is there a way to get and parse a certain file only when the user starts playing the episode?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The following sites are not working anymore:
    - SouthParkWorld: Empty
    - SouthPark DE: An episode is splitted in three parts. It always seems that those are not completed, because between the parts it feels like a scene is missing. Also the second and/or third part is played in the lowest quality even though if you you selected the highest quality at the beginning.
    - 3sat (German): Error while trying to play content

Would be really cool and nice, if someone get SouthPark working again :)

Best regards,
    Sascha

I'm unable to fully test southpark world, because I'm in the netherlands, and not much time for finding a good proxy
    Same holds for SouthparkDE, but I did see in SouthparkNL (very similar to DE) that there are some episodes where the second part isn't available in all the resolutions of the first part. If you choose such a resolution, OV can't find the matching one of the second part and will fall back to the top resolution of the list.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've started watching Twitch, but I've noticed it's not working in OV. Is there a chance someone could have a look at this, I would but pretty sure it will take me much longer than the pros. [emoji12]

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've started watching Twitch, but I've noticed it's not working in OV. Is there a chance someone could have a look at this, I would but pretty sure it will take me much longer than the pros.

Would be nice. Last time I checked it categories did work but playback wasnt starting.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can setup some access via OpenVPN and send you the details if you like?

If you'd do that I can see if I can fix it. (No promises though :) )

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm desperately looking for a way to update the icon for my site DR TV - shouldn't it be available in OLV config? I can only edit the title and description??

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom