Only load subtitle when audio isn't the default audio language (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm analyzing the log and be careful that you play .m2ts so it can use the setting from bdplayer section.
    From you log, it seems to play with LAV Splitter as source (so no BDReader) and the the video part setting is used.

I didn't try to reproduce yet but i would like to explain what i've just seeing :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for a testing phase :)
    The dll is based on 1.12 Final release.

What i have see is that subtitle is enable even if the language doesn't match the setting, MP take the first subtitle detected so the first one can be english or whatever.

I change it to enable subtitle only when the language match the setting.

We need to test regression with the other setting (forced sub etc.) but i think that it shouldn't break it lol.

If good testing based, we maybe can add it to the next MP release :p

Attachments

• Core_subtitle.zip
      1.1 MB

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is once again a great bug fix! It works exactly like it should. And yes: it MUST be part of the next MP release...
    Thank you very much Sebastiii !!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you test the other setting to see if it didn't break something ?
    I will create a Jira + branch (surely tomorrow) and see if more tester can confirm that we didn't lead to some regression and that all is ok :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I know this thread is old, but I'm also struggling with this problem. Did somebody ever get this right?
    It seems LAV splitter advanced settings are not being used by MP. Usually the MP default settings with English for audio and Dutch for subs works fine for me, but sometimes a video only has English audio AND subs. MP then shows the English subs by default. Why I don't know, probably because it's the only choice and I have "Subtitles will be auto loaded by language preference" set. But English is NOT my subs preference !!
    I have set LAV splitter as follows: eng:nld eng:eek:ff, which should show Dutch subs with English audio and if no Dutch subs are available show no subs. I've also tried the code "dut" instead of "nld".
    Any suggestions?

Hi :)

I just add this feature to MP, if you wan't to try ;)
    The Jira for this : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4757
    Installer is linked to it :)
    You can refer to some explanation there too : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...k-not-being-played.133407/page-4#post-1172201

EDIT : It's working only for internal Video player and LAV splitter, so no DVD / TV / Bluray (maybe i can try to look the BD when using LAV Splitter or maybe it should already work, i didn't remember if when using LAV Splitter, it use VideoPlayerVMR code.

EDIT2 : I just tested a bluray (by unchecking internal player) and it use lav splitter and then the new stream selection from it.

Last edited:

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My original problem was when playing a BD through MP-TV-series (like my example "Paperman", with only EN subs). This issue is solved in the current version of MP thanks to Sebastiii.
    But if you play the same BD trough Moving Pictures (so also with just EN subs), the issue is still there!
    Is there a difference in handling BD's when played through Moving Pictures or MP TV-series? I would think there is only ONE internal BD-player?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Yes there only one Internal bluray (the one where we navigate on menu etc.).
    If we disable 'Internal bluray option setting' then MP will use default source splitter (LAV splitter in 99% of case because it's the default setting).

Can you post fresh logs when playing with TVS and another fresh log for Moving pictures ? (it can help to have logs :p :p :p)

What i thinking is that TVS didn't use internal bluray but movpic yes (or the reverse but logs will tell us that).

Use watchdog :)
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom