Only load subtitle when audio isn't the default audio language (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Sebastiii,

Here they are. Timestamp 20:28 is the one with TV-Series playing. The one with 20:30 is the one taken after Moving Pictures was playing.
Good luck!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So :)

TVS use Videoplayer9 (Because it doesn't know if the setting is set or not) = LAV SPLITTER
    Moving Pictures use BDPlayer (internal bluray for menu) = BDREADER.

So to have MovPic act like TVS, you need to uncheck this option : (Use internal Blu-ray menu player) :)

upload_2016-11-2_7-38-48.png

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So... once again Sebastiii solves it. This worked exactly like you said! Thanks.
    By the way: I was using MP 1.14 which doesn't have the option to uncheck. Updated to 1.15 and there it was: unchecked it and Moving Pictures and TV-series act the same. Thanks again.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Old thread, I know. But it seems something happened again in the behaviour of TVS and Moving Pictures. I have unchecked the option "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and set language preferences in LAV-splitter for subtitles. But Moving Pictures is loading English subtitles ONLY and TVS is loading Dutch first and English second (if no Dutch available). Moving Pictures seems to ignore my LAV-settings. Any thoughts?

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here they are. These are my actions:

1. Play IT - Chapter Two through Moving Pictures. It has English and Dutch subs. It shows English by default.
    2. Play Fargo S01E01 through MP TV-Series. It has English and Dutch subs. It shows Dutch by default.
    3. Play Forky Asks a Question S01E01 through MP TV-Series. It only has English subs. It shows those subs by default.

MP Configuration Settings:

"Use internal Blu-ray menu player" unchecked
    "Override the whole audio/subtitle use stream selection from LAV Splitter" checked

LAV Splitter settings:

Audio:
    eng,dut

Subtitles:
    eng:dut eng:eng

Subtitle Selection Mode: Advanced

What I want is: show Dutch subs always (when available), show English subs when Dutch is NOT available.
    Good luck and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      618.9 KB
    • movingpictures.log
      127.2 KB
    • MP-TVSeries.log
      263.9 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When trying on my side (1.24Pre-release), on my log (because using BDHandler)
    I was able to see that line :
    [2020-02-04 18:11:48,997] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - BDHandler: SubtitleLanguage() Filter: LAV Splitter Source, IN: S: Dutch [nld] (pgs) OUT: nld

The tricky part is "NLD" instead of "DUT"

Can you try to add NLD (as below) ?

1580836496241.png

Does it work for you ? :)

Also, can you test with myvideo ?
    Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have maybe found a bug lol :)
    Attached is a fix based on 1.24Pre-release.
    You need to update some plugins (movpic/tvs etc.) too
    :)

Attachments

• Subtitle_Fix.zip
      4.7 MB

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Sebastiii! What did you do??? It works like a dream!!!
    I upgraded everything (MP, TS-S, MovPic, IMDb+ and PureVision skin) like you said. Same problem. Applied your fix and voilà: working again like it should!!! You simply are a wizard.

By the way: you mentioned the difference between dut and nld, but there isn't any. Tried that too before without succes.
    But your fix does the trick: can you explain a little about the bug? This should definitely get into 1.25...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @azzuro it's could be nice :)
    Fix is easy but it was needed to debug to understand why [emoji846]

In fact when LAV Splitter load a blu-ray the filter name is not the name of the filter like Lav Splitter or lav splitter source but the path of index.html file of the blu-ray.

Not sure why. And like the code didn't match that, it failed ti analyse subs and then the bug was present.

So I have added this filename check.

Then I have also fixed this in bdhandler own fork.

Bdhandler permit ti select title from blu-ray disk when using LAV Splitter [emoji846]

Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom