*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

woo73

Portal Pro
February 3, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

it is possible to define the Firefox Browser as property of Webbrowser (e.g. instead of #webbrowser)?

Thanks a lot,
woo73

GaryF

Portal Member
October 25, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
@rich110 and ivanskj.:Ok, i must look into that, when im at home. Can you send me your MediaPortal.log ? Would be nice if you set the Debug level in MediaPortal->Configuration->General->Debuglevel to Debug and run MediaPortal till it crashes. But you can send me your normal MediaPortal.log without debug level too, but with debug level its easier for me. It would be also good if you send me your used feed url.

hi edsche, thanks for having a look at this.

I have attached the logs as you requested (cleared old logs prior to each debug, set MP to debug mode) - I was using the X-Factor skin. I have attached 3 sets of logs:

1. Logs with plugin enabled, and Mediaportal.exe crashing after almost exactly 30 min
2. Logs with plugin enabled, and Mediaportal.exe crashes during the startup sequence
3. Logs with plugin disabled, and Mediaportal.exe running without a crash for about 30min.

The RSS feed I use is: The Sydney Morning Herald News Headlines

I should note, the "crash" appears as a windows pop-up window saying "Mediaportal.exe has terminated unexpectedly" (or words to that effect) but MP continues to operate unaffected in the background. The same thing happens when the crash occurs at startup, if I do not click on the error pop-up, MP loads normally in the background. Obviously, when I hit the "Do you wish to close the program" button on the error pop-up then MP closes.

As I suspected, the plugin is set to refresh the weather every 30min - the exact time that the error pop-up appears (RSS is set to refresh every 15min).

Hope this helps and look forward to any news. :D

Cheers, Rich

Wow, thats a bugreport, thanks ;)
I think, i found the problem. It's definitely the weather service. There is something wrong in the downloaded xml (a tag is not found or something). try a different weather location (ex. Ulm (Germany) works without problems). Please give me your weather location, so i can debug ;)

edit: Argh, but thats not explaining that it works for the first time :/
Today I had the same problem (running MP 1.2.1). I disabled weather and news feed but the problem persisted. After checking logs I saw that it was related to recently added episodes in MP-TVSeries. It was a new series that was added to the watch folder by mistake and that plugin failed to find info of that series and required a manual search to which I said "No and don't ask again". To fix it I went into MP-TVSeries and deleted the info it had stored about this series (i.e. the title, since it didn't find anything more). After that InfoService works fine.

I don't know if this has been fixed in the latest version but I'm writing this if someone else have the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread