(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MCE Replacement Tray (dumb name I know)

Hey all,

I've just had a go at making an "MPTray" type app that supports the replacement driver (and the original driver). I call it ... "MCE Replacement Tray" ... yeah, I know.

This is the first attempt, so give it a go and let me know what you think. The attachment has been removed, there is a newer version a few pages ahead ...

It needs to have a sub-directory called Driver where the driver is kept. So if you're already using the MCEReplacement plugin you can just unzip the exe to the plugins\MCEReplacement folder. Otherwise unzip the whole lot into a new folder somewhere on your hard disk.

It doesn't do everything MPTray does, but I think it does enough. And it let's you launch any application, not just MediaPortal.

If there are no bugs I'll post it on the main download page. If there are any suggestions to make it better, let me know.

Thanks guys (and gals).

PS. (EDIT:) This post has pushed the thread to a new page, just incase you didn't look on the previous page there is a new multi-stb version of the plugin there for testing. cheers.

PPS. MikeTheFin: I haven't been able to make anything out of the codes you sent, sorry, If I figure anything out for you I'll let you know.

Cheers,

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Bug fix for MCE remote number keypad

This patch give full functionality at the number keypad of the MCE remote if you are using the mceir.sys replacement driver (I think that also work with the MS standard driver but I don't have the time to verify).

You need to edit the MCE Replacement.xml file.

Search the <remote family="Replacement driver buttons"> section and edit this entries:

--- Cut ---
    <button name="1" code="1">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="38" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="49" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="2" code="2">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="39" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="50" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="3" code="3">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="40" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="51" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="4" code="4">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="41" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="52" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="5" code="5">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="42" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="53" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="6" code="6">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="43" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="54" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="7" code="7">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="44" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="55" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="8" code="8">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="45" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="56" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="9" code="9">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="46" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="57" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="0" code="0">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="37" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="48" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    --- Cut ---

This patch has been verified with the version Multi-STB Test for SVN of the plugin. :)

Regards,
    xavier

nedhh

Portal Member
    August 31, 2006
    Hi,

after spending a half night, trying to let girder blast some learned ir stuff over the ms-transmitter (forgot to connect the blasters :(((), i found your post now. This plugin really sounds good to me. I tried to learn some ir signals, but failed. Seems the plugin is learning well, but is not blasting right. Do i need a special driver instead of the ehome, or anythig else ?

regards,

Ned

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    xavier:

Thanks for the contribution, I'll test it out with the original driver and put it into the next release. If it doesn't work with the original then I'll have to look at making the plugin more intelligent and maybe have input maps for each setup...

nedhh:

The plugin will work with either the original microsoft driver or the replacement driver, you choose. The differences are talked about in the docs. If you're not confident about it then I recommend you stay with the original driver, it makes little difference to the plugin.

Some people find they have to set my plugin (or MyBlaster, if they use that) to use Port 2 to get it to blast. Give that a try.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

mikethefin

Portal Member
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Nokia 9802s

Hi Aaron! I got my Nokia 9802s working with serial cable (IR never leared it, but i can control the TV instead). The way i did it was making nine small programs in Visual Basic that changes the channel through COM1 (one program for each number). Then I used Your plugin to control it from mediaportal. Here is the code if someone else is interested:

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    SerialPort4.Close()
    SerialPort4.Open()

SerialPort4.WriteLine("e$ts" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(0)) ' change the last chr(0...9) for channelchange

SerialPort4.Close()
    End
    End Sub

All Nokia 9800 series codes are at http://www.satzentrale.de/nokia/faqmediamaster9.shtml

Thanks Aaron, without Your plugin it would'nt work

Mike

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Mike,

That was the reason for putting in the ability to launch external programs. I'm glad you've been able to use it.

I wonder if it would be worth putting the ability to send commands to a Com port?

I might look at adding that some time in the future.

Cheers,

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    Just wanted to tell you what a superb plugin you've made! At last I've been able to migrate to MP from MCE 2005, yey!
    Attaching the IR-codes from my STB.

mikethefin

Portal Member
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ir blaster

Hi Aaron! Next problem:)

Is there any way i can control my tv so that it turns itself off when i hibernate Windows and turns on when i resume windows with ir blaster? Tried suspend command in your plugin but it doesnt work.

Thanks
    Mike

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Freethefire:

Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for the STB codes, I'll include them in the next release.

mike:

I'm struggling to get reliability in my Suspend and Resume functions. I'm still looking at ways to improve this. I might need to hook into the main app a little more. And maybe get a code change put in.

Can you tell me, does the suspend, resume or both events fail to blast?
    I'd be interested if only one or the other was failing. Is there any other info you can give me, like what kind of sleep state are you using S3 Standby or S4 Hibernate?

I have my development copy working quite well at the moment, I can't remember if I changed anything in the Suspend/Resume code since the last version I posted. Are you using the Multi-STB test or the RC off the first page?

Oh, I just had a thought ... You're using an external program to blast ... I wonder if windows is disallowing apps from starting because it's trying to enter a sleep state ... hmmm, does anyone else know if this is potentially the issue? This is why I'd like my plugin to get advanced warning of sleep requests from the MediaPortal app itself, that way my code knows before the last millisecond...

Thanks for the feedback,

magnuje2

Portal Member
    May 11, 2006
    The suspend event works fine here. use this to turn of my amp. Looks like XP even waits for MP to finish blasting. But the media started (or something) event does not work. It just doesnt trigger on the event. So I use myscript to turn on my amp when media starts playing. Works like a charm

Anyway, very neat plugin with tons of possibilities. Just what I was waiting for!

With the events and macros you can make almost everything. I am thinking of dimming the livingroom lights when a movie starts. That would be neat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom