(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 | Page 44

Discussion in 'IR Server Suite (IRSS)' started by and-81, September 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wwallquist

wwallquist Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, thanks. I have attached my log files. Since I am using the Swedish version of Media Portal, som messages in the log file are in Swedish.I hope that´s not a problem. I m grateful for all the help I can get.

:D
    /Wilhelm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. and-81
    • Premium Supporter

and-81 Retired Team Member

IT Consultant/Developer
    Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    wwallquist:

It does look like the known issue. As soon as the fix is put into SVN you should update. I will post here when that happens.

4. wewe

wewe Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    and-81

okay , there was a fault in my thinkin' ... for sure has it NO impact on an external application if I use a MP plugin (I am over 40, so forbear with me).

If I understood your advice I can use HIP for that? (VLC does only know some buttons of the MCE remote and there is no "MCE driver" for VLC so far). But when I use HIP I do NOT necessarily need your plugin if I don't want to do advanced stuff. Right?

Is there an other way you would know? (I am a bit afraid of HIP ... seems to be no child's play)

thanks&regards
    WeWe

5. VdR
    • Premium Supporter

VdR MP Donator

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    HIP is actually pretty easy.

Basically it captures all the remote button pressed and sends the commands you want to the applications you want.

I guess in your case you would want to use it to control VLC and MP from the MCE remote. You would need the plug-in in message mode (or just the message plug-in) to receive the commands (via windows messages) from HIP.

Works like a charm on my set-up.

VdR

I got to to work and I'm even older than you are!

6. TesterBoy

TesterBoy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sky NZ - Zenith IR Codes

Attached are the codes for my Zenith Sky STB - none of the others seemed to work...

Great plugin - It's fixed almost the last bugbear I had with MP - I can now turn the TV and sound off/on with the TV power button, and only use one blaster.

7. and-81
    • Premium Supporter

and-81 Retired Team Member

IT Consultant/Developer
    Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    wewe:

Once you've seen Girder you won't be afraid of HIP, trust me. :)

HIP is fantastic, once you understand how it works it's very simple and very handy.

Basically, what you want to do is setup HIP and tell it that for MediaPortal it passes Windows Messages (there's a configuration file for this included with the plugin) and tell HIP for VLC you'll map the buttons however you like.

You don't need my plugin to control MediaPortal with HIP. But to do it properly you need either this plugin (MCE Replacement) or my Message plugin which is available in the download section.

What I mean by "properly" is that you get context sensitive mapping of the button presses inside MediaPortal.

TesterBoy:

Thank you! I'll include it in the next build.

Cheers,

8. rkrichard

rkrichard Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried to install the original (1.0) plugin on Windows XP 64. It seems that the driver does not support the 64 bit version. Does this plugin and driver work on vista 64 bit?
    Does anybody know where I can find a xp 64 bit driver or how I can force a install of this driver on windows x64?

9. wortelsoft

wortelsoft Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Doesn't the 64 bit versions always require driver signing?

10. rkrichard

rkrichard Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is not the problem. I got the following reason: "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software". I tried with the wizard and right click mceir.inf and install. On other forums I read that the driver does not support win xp 64.
    I also tried the new test version, with the same result.
    Does anybody know how to get the microsoft remote to work on a 64 bit system?

11. kl0012

kl0012 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Israel Israel
    Hi and-81,
    I'm using this plugin with HIP and message plugin (need it for external DVD and video player) . All works with no problems. Thanks for the great work.
    Now I want to use blaster feature of this plugin wit my STB. As I understand, the plugin's blaster doesn't working if HIP is loaded. The blasting is working inside the HIP but I don't know how to use this with MP.
    Is there some way to use blasting with MP and not to waive HIP?
    I forgot to mention - I'm using original MS driver for the remote.

(Sorry for my english.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!