[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (6 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffindodd

Portal Pro
March 28, 2009
No idea how to watch a movie that shows the 'play' option.

I posted how earlier in the thread.

Yeah I'm not doing something right. I get the context menu to pop up, but it just says DVD Queue Management and has three options...

1 Move to 1st position
2 Remove from the queue
3 View Similar titles

Nothing that gives the option to play now.

I am still getting a lock-up in the skin when I try and choose 'Instant Queue', 'DVD's at Home', 'Rental History' or 'Recommendations' from the main menu - it seems that these options cannot find any data so it's getting stuck in a loop.

--Update--

Ok yeah that was the problem, whenever there is no data for a list it locks up. Just went into my new Netflix account (they should pay you a referral fee lol, I wouldn't have gotten it were it not for your plugin) and set up my recommended list and added some movies to my instant queue and it is behaving much better. Now I just have to figure out how to control the movie from my imon remote.

Is there any way to start the movie in full screen automatically?

Further update...

This is looking good, some things I have noticed that you may already be aware of...

Keyboard shortcuts for the Netflix player only seem to work once you have used the mouse to get the player to go full screen, so being able to start the movie full screen would allow easier remote/keyboard functions for play/pause etc (unless of course I am doing something wrong which is highly likely lol)

I can only get the player to stop/close by pressing alt+F4 which returns me to the My Netflix but the plugin seems to have locked up again at this point and I am unable to navigate menus.

XP SP3
.net 2.0 sp2
.net 3.0 sp1
.net 3.5 sp1

Latest SVN of 1.0
2.9a My Netflix

Looking good so far though

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
this isnt my plugin, i just helped to test it.
I would encourage you to read through the thread starting with the 1st post.
it has many answers to some of your questions.

I'm working on a girder work around for things like full screen.
I had it working with the Netflix player, but am running into difficulties with the silverlight player.
If you are not using girder, i think someone may be trying to get eventghost working. I have not used EG before, but may take a look at it if a solution isnt found.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Guys...

Im back from the beach... Sorry about the issues with 0.2.9, I was trying to get the series stuff done before I went to the beach.

Im pooped tonight, but will continue development tomorrow. I almost have the episode stuff sorted out, and I will probably send a few a new version to the testers before I publicly release it. I have read over the forum and see some great suggestions/bug fixed by folks, so those will be included in the next release (hopefully this weekend.)

Thanks for all the positive feedback!
    Wile E.

supergnome

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    It's amazing to me that it took hour upon hour to get the EPG data working, and this bad boy took an install and finding the f3 key on my remote (menu). And yeah, netflix should give you a free subscription at least.

great work! :D

tsears

March 30, 2009
    ************** Exception Text **************
    WrapNetflix.NetflixException: Timestamp Is Invalid ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I think the key line there is "unauthorized"
    I would make sure your netflix database is deleted from the MP database folder
    clear your cookies and cache
    launch IE on that machine and login to netflix and make sure you don't have any problems there, if not, then close browser and run the MP config and config the netflix plugin again.
    see if that helps

It's bizarre. It works on another machine in my house, with the same software configuration (Vista Business x64, same version of IE, same version of .NET frameworks...).

In desperation, I've reinstalled MediaPortal entirely twice, I've copied the MyNetflix database from the working one, copied the entire mediaportal directory from the working one, but I just can't seem to get it working.

I copied the URL that was launched on the working machine when "Authorize" is clicked, and went to the same URL on this machine, but that didn't do anything either.

It's too bad, I was hoping to be able to basically have MediaPortal launch when the computer starts and have it handle all the normal HTPC stuff.

Any more ideas?

EDIT:
    I've also done all the things suggested in the quoted reply

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    It's bizarre. It works on another machine in my house, with the same software configuration (Vista Business x64, same version of IE, same version of .NET frameworks...).

In desperation, I've reinstalled MediaPortal entirely twice, I've copied the MyNetflix database from the working one, copied the entire mediaportal directory from the working one, but I just can't seem to get it working.

I copied the URL that was launched on the working machine when "Authorize" is clicked, and went to the same URL on this machine, but that didn't do anything either.

It's too bad, I was hoping to be able to basically have MediaPortal launch when the computer starts and have it handle all the normal HTPC stuff.

Any more ideas?

EDIT:
    I've also done all the things suggested in the quoted reply

Hi Tsears,
    Could you do me a favor? Clear your logs, then go into MP and recreate the issue and post your MediaPortal.log & error.log (Please post both) and I will take a look at what is going on...

Thank you,
    Wile E.

tsears

March 30, 2009
    Hi Tsears,
    Could you do me a favor? Clear your logs, then go into MP and recreate the issue and post your MediaPortal.log & error.log (Please post both) and I will take a look at what is going on...

Thank you,
    Wile E.

Wile E.

The issue is during configuration, not inside MP. I set the log level to debug, but I don't think the configuration generates logging information.

I posted a stack trace a while back if it helps.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey Guys,
    Happy Friday!!!

I have released the new version 0.3.0. I was going to do private testing first, but I figured since 0.2.9 has issues I would get this one out. Try it out and let me know if you have any issues... THIS VERSION HAS CHANGES TO THE SKIN FILES, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO COPY THOSE AS WELL <- Sorry I put this in bold, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware so they can copy the new skin files.

I have moved the prior version history to the Google Code page, so if you are looking for something specific to a release you can find all the notes there.

Again, if you have an issue, please post your logs (MediaPortal.log & Error.log) and let me know the title you were having an issue with.

Wile E.

Hi Tsears,

Thank you,
    Wile E.

Wile E.

The issue is during configuration, not inside MP. I set the log level to debug, but I don't think the configuration generates logging information.

I posted a stack trace a while back if it helps.

Hi Tsears,
    I have been doing some research, and the point you spoke to earlier about the time being off is in most of the material I am finding. I will continue to do research and see if I can find anything.

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Just as soon as I posed the note above about copying skin files, I realized that I had not updated the Blue3Wide skin....

Please see attached (Sorry)...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Quick question for everyone...

I am working on the next 'phase' which is to add an Instant movie search. Not to get too much into the technical details, but it requires download of the complete catalog index so the search will be built using my own SQL tools.

All that to ask, if you guys are searching for Instant movies, what are you in search of? Here is a small list, but please feel free to help me add to the list...

1. Title
    2. Year
    3. Genres
    4. Title + Year (newest first, or oldest first)
    5. Genres + Year (newest first, or oldest first)
    6. Actor

We are unfortunately limited to the number of fields we can search by, which are...

1. Title
    2. Delivery Formats (DVD, Instant, Blu-Ray)
    3. Genres
    4. Actor
    5. Year

Let me know your thoughts...

:D Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom