[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (5 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsears

March 30, 2009
Hi Tsears,
I have been doing some research, and the point you spoke to earlier about the time being off is in most of the material I am finding. I will continue to do research and see if I can find anything.

Wile E.

Heh -- I finally figured it out.

While the time on my system was correct, the timezone wasn't. So to me, it appeared that the time was normal but I guess when the library call to get system time is made the timezone information has a bearing on that. Re-syncing my computers clock, and correcting the timezone took care of the issue.

It's working now =D

Thanks for all the help and for making the plugin :D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for all the posts today guys.... This is not my day.

The packages (0.3.0 & 0.3.0a) I released earlier were not the latest. I have posted 0.3.1 which is the latest with all the bug fixes. I got the directories backwards on my server but have the straight now... :sorry:

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    Sorry for all the posts today guys.... This is not my day.

The packages (0.3.0 & 0.3.0a) I released earlier were not the latest. I have posted 0.3.1 which is the latest with all the bug fixes. I got the directories backwards on my server but have the straight now... :sorry:

with this build -
    I see that you've fixed the series "issues" it's now correctly showing individual shows/episodes

dvd @ home and rental history no longer lock up media portal for me, however they still don't show any data.

I've recently upgraded to silverlight 3 beta - so I'm going to need to do a new girder GML, but i've not really had much of a response, so i don't know that anyone is using girder besides me.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    with this build -
    I see that you've fixed the series "issues" it's now correctly showing individual shows/episodes

dvd @ home and rental history no longer lock up media portal for me, however they still don't show any data.

I've recently upgraded to silverlight 3 beta - so I'm going to need to do a new girder GML, but i've not really had much of a response, so i don't know that anyone is using girder besides me.

Hey Blitzkrg,
    Cool, my main goal was for it not to lock MP. Now we can move forward and figure out what is going on. Could you do me a quick favor? Clear your logs, open MP and go to At-Home and then go to your History. Then post your MediaPortal.log & Error.log files and I will take a look.

I think it would be worth while to do the Girder GML. Some folks may have reservations using the beta version, after we get a solid release more folks may start using it.

:D
    Wile E.

Vaelek

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I finally have updated to the latest version to try this out some more. After copying over the new files, starting MP and launching the plugin, MP just froze between screen transitions. After finally making it to task manager (only vnc access to HTPC), watchdog had been triggered, and there was also a credentials window open but hidden. After ending MP forcibly, I saw that I was being asked to authorize again. not sure if this is just an odd glitch for me or if something changed/if anyone else is having this issue. Perhaps this would be another occasion to look into using a browser control within MP rather than launching an external one.

After trying this a few times, and the same thing kept happening, I then started MP in windowed mode. when I enter My Netflix, a dialog is opened outside of MP asking if I have entered my credentials, along with an IE window prompting to show insecure items. Both of these are stuck behind the MP window which is stuck in mid screen transition. The X for the insecure items dialog was just barely in view so I was able to close that and continue with the authorization. i then closed the IE window, but could not go any further. Only after doing a side-by-side arrange of desktop windows was I able to see the credentials dialog to click yes, at which point MP continued loading the plugin.

Finally working through that, I went back to full screen and entered the instant queue. everything appears ok visually, but will not play. From the log I have:

2009-04-04 09:27:50.946361 [ERROR][MPMain]: MyNetFlixMain:OnAction(): Error Playing Movie: Jim Breuer: Heavy Metal Comedy : Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
    2009-04-04 09:28:26.387452 [ERROR][MPMain]: MyNetFlixMain:confused:howInstantQueueMenu: Error Playing Movie: Jim Breuer: Heavy Metal Comedy Error:Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
    2009-04-04 09:28:30.882282 [ERROR][MPMain]: MyNetFlixMain:confused:howInstantQueueMenu: Error Playing Movie: Cashback Error:Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
    2009-04-04 09:28:55.613121 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 110099

This was using Blue3Wide as I haven't yet installed StreamedMP on my HTPC yet.

I also want to mention that I think, and I'm sure others would agree, that the "Play" button needs to be rethought. Having a graphic that appears to be a button that says "Play" that comes with the explanation that it does not play it only indicates you could play it, no disrespect, but I feel this is completely assenine. If it is to indicate it is available for instant play, then it should indicate so, accurately. If it is to appear as a play button, then it should function as a play button.

In my school of thought, making one thing appear to be something else that has to come with an explanation and is a source of frustration and confusion, is never a good thing from a design standpoint.

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    I've been deleting my netflix database before each install..
    and then doing a re-authorization in the config.
    you may wish to give that a try.

I am seeing this same error in my logs as well
    [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 110099

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Vaelek,
    It looks like your account was not authorized. Like Blitzkrg mentioned, its probably a good idea to at least go into the configuration and check to make sure your authorized with every new build. If you click the authorize button and you are already authorized, a message will display to say so.

As far as the movies you are having an issue playing, I was able to play them both with no issues. What kind of account do you have with Netflix? (You can PM me that information.)

As far as the logo is concerned, I agree, there has been much confusion over the Play image. I have updated the image (see attached) and will include it with future builds.

blitzkrg,
    I am trying to figure out why I am getting that error. I have not spent a lot of time on it since it seems to have no impact.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    In my school of thought, making one thing appear to be something else that has to come with an explanation and is a source of frustration and confusion, is never a good thing from a design standpoint.

I share your thoughts and apologize for the frustration/confusion, but please keep in mind this is a Beta version. I have yet to finish the documentation and will include instructions for each part of the project. I feel there are a few folks out there that appreciate what I am trying to do and would like to share in the testing. With that testing comes input, and I appreciate all input and want to make this a solid plugin.

This project has been available for public testing for less than two weeks, so there is MUCH growing room and enhancements/issues to cover...Please be patient...

Thank you,
    Wile E.

Vaelek

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I share your thoughts and apologize for the frustration/confusion, but please keep in mind this is a Beta version. I have yet to finish the documentation and will include instructions for each part of the project. I feel there are a few folks out there that appreciate what I am trying to do and would like to share in the testing. With that testing comes input, and I appreciate all input and want to make this a solid plugin.

This project has been available for public testing for less than two weeks, so there is MUCH growing room and enhancements/issues to cover...Please be patient...

Thank you,
    Wile E.

Absolutely I didn't mean to imply that this was a critical you need to fix it now kind of thing. Just from reading through the thread I didn't see any mention of intentions to change that graphic, only explaining what it really meant and that it was not interactive. I just wanted to make sure it was at least on the list of things to be done at some point. The plugin is looking to be coming along pretty nice and I would just hate to have more inexperienced users who do not read through forums to be turned off of your work by something so trivial.

On the topic of future things to come. I had an idea that would definitely make this plugin stand out from any netflix plugin on any platform. The ability to add titles to user defined groups. For example, both myself and my wife have a large number of titles in the instant queue at any given time (200+). It would be downright awesome if we could somehow separate these into say, mine, hers, and communal. Or however one might want to break it down. With this could come the ability to have an "internal" group where titles go when they are no longer available for instant play. Perhaps another where titles can be added that are not currently available for instant play, which would be moved to say, a "newly available" group should they become available. I am thinking it probably wouldn't be a huge task to implement something like this when it gets to the point where features can start to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom