[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (3 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jarritos

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
I am using StreamedMP and MP 1.0

Hey Jarritos,
Are you using the Basic Home page? If so, did you add the NetFlixMain.xml in the StreamedMP menu editor?

Also, if you are using the regular Home page, the plugin defaults to the Plugin menu.

Let me know if your problem persists...

Wile E.
Hey Wile

First thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I am using the regular home page but I think I explained the problem wrong. I can get to the point where I hit My Netflix and than go to that page but when I get there it does not show any dvds or anything in my qued at all. It just has the menu and the netflix image and thats it.

Again Thanks,
Jarritos

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using StreamedMP and MP 1.0
    Hey Wile

First thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I am using the regular home page but I think I explained the problem wrong. I can get to the point where I hit My Netflix and than go to that page but when I get there it does not show any dvds or anything in my qued at all. It just has the menu and the netflix image and thats it.

Again Thanks,
    Jarritos

Hey Jarritos,
    Could you do me a favor and clear your logs, go into MP and try to use My NetFlix then post your MediaPortal.log and Error.log files here. I will take a look and see what is going on.

Thanks...

uramoose

April 7, 2009
    I am new to MP and the My Netflix plugin, so my question may be one of those "dumb questions,"
    but when I am watching a movie in netflix and want to go back to the main menu screen, how do i go about doing that? the only way i could figure out was if i hit the windows button and exit out of IE.

thanks for the help!
    I'm really enjoying MP and this plugin - better than sagetv in my opinion.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I am new to MP and the My Netflix plugin, so my question may be one of those "dumb questions,"
    but when I am watching a movie in netflix and want to go back to the main menu screen, how do i go about doing that? the only way i could figure out was if i hit the windows button and exit out of IE.

thanks for the help!

Thanks for the feedback Uramoose...

The Stop button is supposed to close the browser and return you to MP. The next version due out this Friday has the Stop button restored. There was an bug introduced in the 0.3.1 version that made the Stop button quit working. Sorry....

Wile E.

uramoose

April 7, 2009

thanks for the help!

Thanks for the feedback Uramoose...

The Stop button is supposed to close the browser and return you to MP. The next version due out this Friday has the Stop button restored. There was an bug introduced in the 0.3.1 version that made the Stop button quit working. Sorry....

Wile E.

not a problem! ahhh i see! i figured as much. thank you for responding!
    good luck with this project!!:)

jstutman

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    very awesome plugin.

One problem

once silverlight launches, I have no way to go back to MP unless I alt/tab

I get the standard silverlight options, pause/play and fullscreen

Jarritos

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    On the error.log it says
    2009-04-08 01:13:13.906250 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 110099
    2009-04-08 01:13:14.156250 [ERROR][MPMain]: MyNetFlixMain:OnButtonPress: Error retreiving Instant Queue : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56194e08' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    and the mediaportal.log is attached

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    On the error.log it says
    2009-04-08 01:13:14.156250 [ERROR][MPMain]: MyNetFlixMain:OnButtonPress: Error retreiving Instant Queue : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56194e08' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Do you have .net 3.5 installed? I had the same issue a while back.

Jarritos

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    On the error.log it says

Wow I knew it was going to be something simple and stupid like that...Thanks so much...It works and I must say what a great plugin

Vaelek

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    On the error.log it says

On this issue, is 3.5 actually *required* for this plugin or is that just the framework it happens to be compiled against? I ask only now because I have seen a rather large number of projects who's only 3.5 requirement is because they reference System.Xml.Linq, though it is rarely actually used in the project and if the reference is removed, compiling against 2.0 goes off without a hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom