[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (3 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

styffler

April 19, 2009
Hi, I'm new to MediaPortal and this MyNetflix plugin.

When I copy the plug as directed into the Mediaportal/plugins/Windows directory then load the Config program and click on plugins, it just closes the Config program and opens a browser that asks me to authorize my account.

I accepted then tried again and it just keeps doing it. If I load those .dll files into the directory, it removes my ability to see the Plugin page in the Config program, just keeps opening up a browser.

Am I doing something wrong or any ideas on how to fix this?

I did a test and put another plugin into the /Windows directory and it worked fine (without MyNetflix in there).

Thanks!

Brian

pyedog

Portal Member
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Secondary Display?

Has anyone figured out a good way to get this to run on a secondary display?
My main machine is hooked up to my TV via the secondary display so I can watch movies when I am not working.

I can start iexplore.exe, move it to the secondary display, and then close it. Then it will start on the secondary display.
The problem is that it will then *always* start on the secondary display - I just want it to start there when the Netflix plugin starts it. (otherwise I can't use IE on my primary display without moving it again).

I tried copying iexplore.exe to a different name hoping the positions would be remembered with a different name, but it will only start/run if it is named iexplore.exe.

Is there any way to get this to work with some other browser (with the silverlight plugin)?

Having silverlight run in a plugin would theoretically fix this - but it sounds like there are problems getting that to work at the moment.

Thanks for a great plug-in!

-Jim

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I figured out the Alt+F4 issue was just because of my keyboard setup, and not a MP or NF problem. My bad!

No worries Dwagner...

Does the stop button not close the IE window for you?

Hi, I'm new to MediaPortal and this MyNetflix plugin.

When I copy the plug as directed into the Mediaportal/plugins/Windows directory then load the Config program and click on plugins, it just closes the Config program and opens a browser that asks me to authorize my account.

I accepted then tried again and it just keeps doing it. If I load those .dll files into the directory, it removes my ability to see the Plugin page in the Config program, just keeps opening up a browser.

Am I doing something wrong or any ideas on how to fix this?

I did a test and put another plugin into the /Windows directory and it worked fine (without MyNetflix in there).

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Brian,
    I am aware of the issue with the opening the config window the first time, sorry. If you go on to the browser and accept, is there a dialog that pops up asking if you entered your credentials? If so, say yes and it should be authenticated at that point. From there you should be able to continue with the configuration.

There will be a new version out hopefully this Friday that addresses the issue, as well as many enhancements.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Has anyone figured out a good way to get this to run on a secondary display?
    My main machine is hooked up to my TV via the secondary display so I can watch movies when I am not working.

I can start iexplore.exe, move it to the secondary display, and then close it. Then it will start on the secondary display.
    The problem is that it will then *always* start on the secondary display - I just want it to start there when the Netflix plugin starts it. (otherwise I can't use IE on my primary display without moving it again).

I tried copying iexplore.exe to a different name hoping the positions would be remembered with a different name, but it will only start/run if it is named iexplore.exe.

Is there any way to get this to work with some other browser (with the silverlight plugin)?

Having silverlight run in a plugin would theoretically fix this - but it sounds like there are problems getting that to work at the moment.

Thanks for a great plug-in!

-Jim

Hi Jim, thanks for the feeback. I run two browsers, IE & Firefox on my machine that has multi-monitors. I configured IE to be the 'NetFlix' browser (exactly as you have) and I use Firefox for my everyday browsing.

We are working on a way to have a built-in browser to address this issue, but have run into some issues. I hope someday that MP will include the webBrowser control as a standard 'video' type, that way it will be fully integrated. Someday.... :)

Wile E.

Ridewithme38

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    Long Island
    Home Country
    Hey Jstutman,
    Thanks for the feedback!

The Stop button should exit the browser and send you back to MP. It is broken in the current version, but I have a fix in the release due out Friday... Keith and I have been working for a while to find a way to include a webbrowser in the plugin, but have yet to work out a few issues. If we are able to get a browser built into the plugin it will allow us better control over opening/closing/etc...

You can also use Alt-F4 to exit the browser...

:D
    Wile E.

Hi Wile...Let me first say this is an awesome plug in! Since i have no TV card at the current time and am working on growing my DVD list (85 burned to hd so far) This give me a reason to use Mediaportal...

Now if i may i have a couple question...

You mention the Stop button exiting out of the browser in the new/current version...THats version 0.40 right? The only buttons that seem to do anything while i'm in Silverlight watching a movie at "Enter" and i believe "Page down" THey both Pause the movie (I don't have a remote yet either)....It looks like to me the stop button is the "B" button right? I have just been using ALT-F4 since i saw your tip...Any suggestions? Am i using the Wrong Key?

Thank you for this Great Netflix Viewer!!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I am finalizing a new verion of the plugin that will include the following features...

- New Releases (DVD, Bluray & Instant)
    - New Search (All, Instant by title, Instant by genre)
    - Mulitple User support. You can now split your Instant queue for mulitple users.
    - Stand alone web browser and support script to make the movie full screen, stop & such.

This release is being tested and should be out this weekend.

I also added a poll to the the thread, which view do you use the most or like the most? If most sway to one or the other I will be happy to support it. If the poll is close to even I will spend some time to add support for both.

:D
    Wile E.

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    Hey Wile-

Thanks for all your work & persistence on this plug-in!

I read through the entire thread twice before posting so if I missed something & this has been covered I apologize in advance...

I added the plug-in to the MediaStream 1.0.1 menu and it displays and loads fine. Once the plug-in loads, I see the menu but clicking any of the options does absolutely nothing... I know others have had this issue but the errors they were receiving were different and thus the solutions apparently irrelevant.

My log is posted here: pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I added the plug-in to the MediaStream 1.0.1 menu and it displays and loads fine. Once the plug-in loads, I see the menu but clicking any of the options does absolutely nothing... I know others have had this issue but the errors they were receiving were different and thus the solutions apparently irrelevant.

Hey TechLife,
    Thanks for the feedback!

After looking at your log, it looks like your instant queue could be empty? The new version coming out addresses a bug with empty queue's, so if that is the case it should resolve your issue.

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    In case anyone has had issues adding new movies to their queue, I found this article online...

Hacking NetFlix : Netflix on the OAuth Security Exposure

Although they say they have not suspended their OAuth for now, it appears something else has changed. I am working to find out what exactly is going on and a possible work-around.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    In case anyone is interested, here is a thread we have going with NetFlix about the issues we are having -> Netflix API Forums

Edit...
    Mikey (from NetFlix) thinks he has identified the issue and will get it fixed ASAP.

"So, from what I can gather, I think there may be an issue with POST and DELETE in general. I think they symptoms you are describing and from the example urls, I think this makes sense. I recently refactored code related to REST verbs, and I probably broke it (and I generally test using the get overrides). I will get this fixed ASAP."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom