[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (6 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On the error.log it says
    2009-04-08 01:13:13.906250 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 110099
    2009-04-08 01:13:14.156250 [ERROR][MPMain]: MyNetFlixMain:OnButtonPress: Error retreiving Instant Queue : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56194e08' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    and the mediaportal.log is attached

Do you have .net 3.5 installed? I had the same issue a while back.

On this issue, is 3.5 actually *required* for this plugin or is that just the framework it happens to be compiled against? I ask only now because I have seen a rather large number of projects who's only 3.5 requirement is because they reference System.Xml.Linq, though it is rarely actually used in the project and if the reference is removed, compiling against 2.0 goes off without a hitch.

Hey Vaelek,
    Yes, the System.XML.Linq is required for this project. The Netflix API's return XML and I parse/traverse the XML with a few of the classes from the Linq library...

very awesome plugin.

One problem

once silverlight launches, I have no way to go back to MP unless I alt/tab

I get the standard silverlight options, pause/play and fullscreen

Hey Jstutman,
    Thanks for the feedback!

The Stop button should exit the browser and send you back to MP. It is broken in the current version, but I have a fix in the release due out Friday... Keith and I have been working for a while to find a way to include a webbrowser in the plugin, but have yet to work out a few issues. If we are able to get a browser built into the plugin it will allow us better control over opening/closing/etc...

You can also use Alt-F4 to exit the browser...

:D
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

We have completed testing on the 0.4.0 version of My NetFlix and it is now available for download. Big thanks to Keith2048 and Blitzkrg for testing the new version!

The biggest changes to this version are stabilization of the current code and getting the infrastructure in place to support Instant movie searches.

See the release notes on the first post for more details....

As always, if you have an issue please post your MediaPortal.log and Error.log files.

Wile E.

griffindodd

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2009
    nice work wile,

Looking more stable on my system for sure. Still having a problem with the skin freezing if you don't have an item in a queue, for example if I have nothing in my dvd queue and I click that on the menu option it locks up the skin in streamedMP.

update -

A little more feedback you may already be aware of, pressing the pause button brings the MP skin to the front and leaves the movie playing in the browser in the background.

update - also apologies if this has already been asked - any way to filter search and recommended to 'instant only'??

Love how good this is getting!!!!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey griffindodd,
    Thanks for the feedback.

Still having a problem with the skin freezing if you don't have an item in a queue, for example if I have nothing in my dvd queue and I click that on the menu option it locks up the skin in streamedMP.

I have added some more debug code to try to find the issue with this. Unfortuantely all my queue's have movies, so I cannot replicate. Could you post your MediaPortal.log and Error.log files so I can take a look?

A little more feedback you may already be aware of, pressing the pause button brings the MP skin to the front and leaves the movie playing in the browser in the background.

I was not aware of this, I will try to replicate this issue.

any way to filter search and recommended to 'instant only'??

Yes, I am currently working on a few Instant only searches, by title, genre, etc... It should be in the next release...

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

griffindodd

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2009
    Hi Wile,

I tracked down the actual problem with the skin looking as though it had frozen when there was nothing in the chosen queue, and it's a simple one.
    When you chose a list with no content the 'enter' key does not seem to work when trying to navigate to another menu option (using the mouse button to click an option works fine). So the skin hasn't frozen, it just doesn't recognize the 'enter' key as selecting a navigation option - I only noticed this as I use a remote with select mapped to the 'enter' key.

Joel

fekker

Portal Member
    December 4, 2008
    wow, awesome work on this.

Is this an open source project by chance?
    Would you consider a port to make this work with xbmc? or is it possible to make a port from your work?

thanks!
    Fekker
    MIP

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi Wile,

I tracked down the actual problem with the skin looking as though it had frozen when there was nothing in the chosen queue, and it's a simple one.
    When you chose a list with no content the 'enter' key does not seem to work when trying to navigate to another menu option (using the mouse button to click an option works fine). So the skin hasn't frozen, it just doesn't recognize the 'enter' key as selecting a navigation option - I only noticed this as I use a remote with select mapped to the 'enter' key.

Joel

Hey Griffindodd,
    Blitz has had this same problem since the first build :) I am working to find a solution and it should be in the next build. When you encounter an empty queue, you should be able to move on and not have to exit the plugin.

Thanks again for the feedback...

Wile E.

wow, awesome work on this.

Is this an open source project by chance?
    Would you consider a port to make this work with xbmc? or is it possible to make a port from your work?

thanks!
    Fekker
    MIP

Thanks Fekker,
    Once we get a good code base, we will release the code. As of now only a few team members have a copy of the code.

As far as a port to XMBC, I know very little about it, only that it exists. I dont think our team will be porting to XMBC, but once the code is released anyone is welcome to use it as they wish.

Wile E.

dwagner

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Home Country
    Wile E,

I updated to MP 1.0.1 and 0.4.0 of your plugin last night, and things are working really well. I do have one suggestion, though. When I view episodes of a particular series on NF (for example, Life of Birds), I can see the titles of the individual episodes. In your current plugin, I can only see the episode number. If I can remember which episode number I'm on, that works fine, but if I only remember that the next episode is about birds of prey, I have to run through each episode to figure it out. Navigating to and playing the episodes works great otherwise.

Have you worked any more on embedding a browser (or the Silverlight plugin itself) into MP and using that rather than bringing the external browser up over MP? Something apparently changed with MP 1.0.1 (or your plugin?) and now I can't use Alt+F4 to close IE; instead it asks me if I want to map the keycode to a particular function.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Wile E,

I updated to MP 1.0.1 and 0.4.0 of your plugin last night, and things are working really well. I do have one suggestion, though. When I view episodes of a particular series on NF (for example, Life of Birds), I can see the titles of the individual episodes. In your current plugin, I can only see the episode number. If I can remember which episode number I'm on, that works fine, but if I only remember that the next episode is about birds of prey, I have to run through each episode to figure it out. Navigating to and playing the episodes works great otherwise..

Hey Dwagner,
    Thanks for the feedback! I will look into the isssue with Life of Birds and try to resolve.

Have you worked any more on embedding a browser (or the Silverlight plugin itself) into MP and using that rather than bringing the external browser up over MP? Something apparently changed with MP 1.0.1 (or your plugin?) and now I can't use Alt+F4 to close IE; instead it asks me if I want to map the keycode to a particular function.

Keith and I have spent some time on this, and have really not made any positive progress. If you create a new Windows Application in VS and drag the webbrowser control onto a form, we can get the NetFlix player to work perfect. If we add a web form to a class libary project and add the webbrowser control, some reason the audio works fine but the video does not show. So we are working to find out why and get it working in MP.

As far as the Alt-F4 not working, I wouldnt think the plugin would have anything to do with the window not closing. Could you post your MediaPoral.log and Error.logs and I will take a look and see...

Thanks again,
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom