MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.0 Beta

Thanks for the lead...

After looking around a bit, I was still on StreamedMP 1.3.0:1800.

Upgraded to 1.3.1:1865 and all is well.

:D

hurry143

Portal Member
    October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    installation?

Hi,

I did a search through the forums and checked the project's website as well, but I couldn't find any instructions as to how this plugin is installed. Is this a stand-alone plugin? If so, which folder should the files be copied to? If not, then which other plugins must I install?

Thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Hi hurry143, pandora is a windows plugin so you need to download the zip file linked in the first post and copy the dll to the following directory:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows

Then, you need a skin that supports this plugin, in the zip file comes support for Blue3Wide. StreamedMP is another skin that also support Pandora, possibly others too but you need to check in the corresponding skin forum.

If you are copying the default blue3wide skin, copy to the following directory:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\blue3wide

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Thanks ltfearme.

And we will try to get an installer put together for the next release. Sorry for the pain in the butt manual install method.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Love this plugin. now I can get my pandora music fix on my awesome sound system much more easily. this is great the way it is, but looking forward to the enhancements coming. Hopefully I read it right and they include creating and deleting stations from within the GUI.

Also, if it could be possible to sign in and out through the GUI using the virtual keyboard then this would be perfect for my setup. (yes, I am being a little selfish, but it never hurts to ask, or beg, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!!?!?!)

Thanks again. this is great.

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Love this plugin. now I can get my pandora music fix on my awesome sound system much more easily. this is great the way it is, but looking forward to the enhancements coming.
    :D:D glad you like it

Hopefully I read it right and they include creating and deleting stations from within the GUI.
    Yes, Adding and deleting stations from the GUI is in the plan.

Also, if it could be possible to sign in and out through the GUI using the virtual keyboard then this would be perfect for my setup.
    We aren't currently planning to do this. Why do you think this feature would be beneficial? Do you envision using multiple Pandora logins or something?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country

My wife and I have different tastes in music. I don't think she would appreciate me cluttering up her pandora account with stations I like and vice versa. So being able to sign in and out either with the virtual keyboard, or by selecting a different profile somehow. The ultimate would be being able to do both. Adding a profile from withing the gui, and it remembering it so switching is just a matter of selecting it from a list...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Looks like Pandora has made a few changes to their API. We should have a new version up in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country

Looks like Pandora has made a few changes to their API. We should have a new version up in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just installed the plugin and noticed it won't let me login. I look forward to the update. great simple plugin!

Thanks!

akajester

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country

We have released version 1.0.1 (Beta), which addresses the changes to the Pandora API. All users should go and download this new version asap.

Please note that due to the new encryption for Pandora, you will need to re-enter your username and password. If you do not do this, the plugin will not work.

Download

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom