Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.5

Hi,
I installed version 1.0.5.93 on MP 1.1.3.0
Configured my Pandora account OK
I hear music for about 2 seconds and then:
unexpected error
Object reference not set to a instance of an object.
Never mind.
I was running Blue3 skin
When I checked the error log, I saw it could not find
PandoraMusicBox.xml in the Blue3 directory.
I switched to Blue3wide and it's all good.

I love it so far. :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

Hi,
I installed version 1.0.5.93 on MP 1.1.3.0
Configured my Pandora account OK
I hear music for about 2 seconds and then:
unexpected error
Object reference not set to a instance of an object.
Never mind.
I was running Blue3 skin
When I checked the error log, I saw it could not find
PandoraMusicBox.xml in the Blue3 directory.
I switched to Blue3wide and it's all good.

I love it so far. :)

Right, we do not currently support Blue3, although the error message could be way better than what you were presented. :/ With the next release I will improve the error message for when a skin file is missing. Also if anyone creates a Blue3 skin file, let me know! ;)

euton_l

January 31, 2009

i was up and running now i am getting the following error and log file. Thanks it was great when working. I verified that id and password are correct. :D

Unexpected Error! PandoraMusicBox.Engine.PandoraException: OUT_OF_SYNC: You have

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

i was up and running now i am getting the following error and log file. Thanks it was great when working. I verified that id and password are correct. :D

Unexpected Error! PandoraMusicBox.Engine.PandoraException: OUT_OF_SYNC: You have

Check your system clock. For whatever reason the Pandora API requires you send a timestamp and if the timestamp is too far away from the current time the request will be refused. This is the error message that is returned. Probably your system date or time is off.

ferrocene

Portal Member
December 29, 2010
Home Country

Question: I set up my Harmony One remote to say "Pandora", which triggers the Radio action (I don't use the radio, so it's unused/unmapped).

This triggers Event Ghost to fire off the "Radio" window to the MessagePlugin plugin.

In the MessagePlugin, it lists about 100 different windows to open to. Of course, it's defaulted to Radio, but Pandora is not listed, as I expect that none of the plugins are listed.

Is there a way to trigger this? Or in a simpler way, can I add Pandora to the XML, and will that work?

Or even simpler, is there a Window in MediaPortal called "Pandora" that will get switched to if it is called? Is Pandora a "registered" (whatever that means) window in Media Portal?

Thanks!

**EDIT**

Ok, I found the xml, and it is calling a cmdproperty="30" integer. It seems each window has an associated integer. Does Pandora have this "cmdproperty", and if so, what is its associated integer?

***EDIT 2***

OK, it looks like every GUI plugin implements GUIwindow and the following function/method:

public int GetWindowId()
{
// WindowID of windowplugin belonging to this setup
// enter your own unique code
return whatever;
}

so is there a unique windowID for pandora?

Found it! Thank god for open source software!

public int GetWindowId() {
return 82341;
}

ferrocene

Portal Member
December 29, 2010
Home Country

So, even though I have the window ID, it still doesn't switch to it. Will post back if I find out.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.6

Pandora updated their API so anyone using this plugin will need to grab the latest version. Opening post has been updated as well.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.6 / 1.1.0

MediaPortal 1.2 Beta compatible build is now available. I have also updated the opening post.

Unfortunately I do not have an abundance of time these days so the DefaultWide skin is just the Blue3Wide skin copied over. The color pallete is mostly the same so it fits in well enough, but if anyone has time to whip something up that matches a little better, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom