[solved] Passing ISO (-Path) to external Player without mounting it? (1 Viewer)

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi fLaSkin

You have coded excacty what i need to get PowerDVD to work as I would like with MP.
    I have tried to build the dll myself without luck , my knowledge of the process is to limited.
    Any chance you could send the modified dll to me?

/Jimmy

fLaSkin

Portal Member
    September 4, 2012
    Böhl-Iggelheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there!

Because someone (Jimmy ;)) asked for it, I've uploaded the DLL for mediaportal (including my changes) in that post.

Informations:
    That DLL is based on the latest stable release of mediaportal (1.8.1), the base has been taken from the main branch on GitHub.

Thing(s) I've done:
    Options for outsourcing the mounting process to external player under the advaned options inside the moving pictures configuration.

The DLL got zipped by me because of the file-upload restrictions inside the forum.
    Inside is just the DLL for replacing the "old" one under "[your installation-path]/plugins/windows/"

Have fun using it, I hope it's working for you (all).

Some feedback if it's doing what it should and what you want it to do, or if not and the bug is related to my changes, would be great ;)

Cheers,
    fLaSkin

Attachments

• MovingPictures 1.8.1 external-mount-edit.zip
      495.6 KB

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your work

Have now tried the new dll and changed Advanced settings to Pre-mount = false.
    Blu-ray Movies works great in Moving Pictures without mounting and are handled by PowerDVD :)
    The only problem I get is that DVD Movies doesn't work if I set Pre-mount to false.
    Any suggestions why?

/Jimmy

fLaSkin

Portal Member
    September 4, 2012
    Böhl-Iggelheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Jimmy!

Glad to here that it's working (50/50) for you :D

I got to say, that I never tested it with DVDs - I just don't have any more and only Store Blu-rays on my device :cool:

Maybe here Kicks in some mediaportal configuration for Disks?
    Have you done any configuration for external Playback of Disks in the mediaportal configuration?

If so, may you could try to disable that and test if now the Handling is completely done over the pre-mointing Settings.

Cheers!

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

DVDs:
    I have now tried with and without Extternal Player configured in Media Portal.
    If I have set Pre-mount to True in Moving Pictures it works with internal and external player (PowerDVD) in Moving Pictures
    If I have set Pre-mount to False in Moving Pictures it doesn't work with either internal or external player (PowerDVD) in Moving Pictures
    I checked the Moving Pictures logs and I see that your code under Bluray/HD-DVD Playback affects DVD's. It sets , Mounted='False' in the logs when playing DVD's.

So maybe a solution is to change the code so it only affects Bluray/HD-DVD Playback.

/Jimmy

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Jimmyo,

I have the pretty same Problem: Mounting an Image is only succesfull, if I use a AHK script to Start Power DVD (which runs until the movie/PowerDVD is closed).

Unfortunatly if PowerDVD is started via script, the Navigation Bar of PowerDVD is allways on Top. I have to make a Mouse move with Keyboard/-pad, to get diaspear it. (A mouse move via script does not work either)

So I'm very interested in your solution: With the new Moving Pictures Parameter and direct start of PowerDVD from it, the Images aren't mounted/started by PowerDVD (manually drag&drop works fine). Which Settings do you have in Moving Pictures?

Is an Image/Movie automatically started after selecting it in Moving Pictures?

Thanks allot!

Best wishes
    BERND

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom