[patch] Choose the screen in which MP will start (fullscreen or window) (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think to fix that you have to open the EPG config and then save it again.
    There was a change to <merge> in the grabbers and resaving the config is the way to fix it.
    I'm going from memory here, but I had that issue and it's gone now. otherwise just search for Label Missing. there were a number of threads about it.

I'm looking forward to testing out this patch, thanks Piba :)

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I'm using your patched version (that is the rars allegated in firsts posts) for a month now...

It works but there is an annoying bug for me sometimes the skin move up for some pixels and I have to re-set it
    using the setting UI calibration....

I hope you can solve this issue, too... so it's perfedt for me :D

SVN's version have some difference or is not the case to test it?

fanoI

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    fanoI i don't understand what you saying exactly,
    have you used the SVN version ? yes that has a few differences with the original patch but should be better ;)

if you are having any issues with the current SVN version when MP is on the second screen (and that do not occur with MP on primary screen) then please clarify your question a bit, if the issue always happen even when not using the screenselector option then please open another thread.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    No I'm not using the svn version but your original patched version....
    I try to clarify the problem Mp is on secondary screen and all screen is full then casually the gui goes up leaving a black area down it or a part of it is out of screen (see image below after a closing and restart of MP Note sometimes does it after I have calibrated the scree without exiting Mp, too!)... if I recalibrate the screen using the Mp UI calibration moving down the UI(or up in this case) all is ok... but I have to do this more that I would...

However I try the svn version and see if something changes, thanks :D

fanoI

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that issue should be fixed in the SVN version.. so please try and report back if its still there for you :)

Hieronymus

Portal Member
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    don't use vista.
    really. it's not worth the trouble.

I'm sure we all like to see MP functioning well in the future also, so I'm hoping that with me identifying a Vista issue, someone much smarter than me, can figure it out and fix it for the entire MP community.

It is worth the trouble...;)

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hieronymus
    sorry for late response, i cant find why it doesn't work on Vista in the log files you uploaded..
    yes ive seen the errors but dont know what could cause them..

I think this will have to wait till more people that can programm have Vista and then hope one off em will find out how to make it work on Vista to..

i am sure its worth the trouble of making this work for Vista to.. dont think i would advise someone to exchange XP for Vista tho..

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much for this great extension! I just installed MP RC2 and it works flawless with my ATI 1250 onboard GPU using Catalyst 7.8.

Keep up the good work!

backslash

stanik

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Windowed mode

HI,

Sometimes I want start MP on "First" display (normal LCD monitor) but in windowed mode, like normal application.
    In MP setup I have checked screen selector and select second monitor and start in fullscreen mode (cause I want start MP after HTPC reset or after AC down).

I try parameters like /window or /windowed but not work.

Thx for help
    Stanik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom