(Patch) HDHomeRun QAM scan only finding one channel (1 Viewer)

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
whurlston - A little OT question but are you still using HDhomerun? You still believe that is the best for HD reception? If yes, have you heard if they are planning a version which would accept a CAMcard?
Yup still using it (sort of). I haven't gotten much use out of it lately due to being in the middle of building a new HTPC setup when Zap2It announced they were closing. So that sent me in a whole new tangent.

I still love my HDHomeRun and it's quality. I'm heaing good and bad things about the HVR-1600 but I have not tried one. Sorry, don't know what CAMcard is. If you mean CableCard, that will most likely never happen due to the restrictions by CableLabs.

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
I thought this fix had been implemented in the SVN but it hasn't. I'll have an updated dll this weekend for it. I'm aso working on having it report the correct frequencies for ATSC channels (for any ATSC card).

Winddancer

Portal Member
August 6, 2007
whurlston:
I know this is off topic, and for that I apologize, but you seem to be the only person I have found that
has the HDHomerun up and running in mediaportal, and actually replies to the posts.
and I was wondering how you did it.
this has been driving me nuts.
I have followed all the steps, both from here and the HDHomerun site.
I have installed ALL the needed software, in the order that it suggested.
Firewall is OFF.
Virus scanner is not installed ( this is a test install)
I have installed the bda.inf
I have registered the hdhomerun_bda.ax
I have done the channel scans and remapping.
I have edited( with several different editors) the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml adding the needed lines, both versions,since it has just changed.(I even tried using FFFFFFFF like you use for MythTV)
I have installed both the x86 and the x64 versions of HDHomeRun , doing a complete uninstall of both MP and HD and then getting rid of all files and folders that were left behind before the next install.
I have tried it in both Vista and in XP and I still get the same thing, no capture device found.
How did you manage to get this configured, and is there any tips you can give me, or things you see that I missed?
thank you.

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
http://www.epgtools.com/MediaPortal/TVBusinessLayer-svn--08-18-2007--01-01-Rev15586.zip

This includes the TvBusinessLayer.dll and and also a new SetupTV.exe and a tuning parameter file for ATSC frequencies. The only one required to fix the "Only 1 Channel Found" error is the dll. It now checks the channel name instead of provider and only changes it if the name is not valid. If it is not valid, the name is set to the Virtual channel number in dotted notation. Virtual channels now display the correct major number.

The new SetupTV will show the correct frequencies for ATSC tuning and has an improved scan result display. It now marks channels as NOT scrambled. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT SetupTV.exe BEFORE USING.

To install, simply unzip the contents to the TVServer directory.

ScanResults.jpg

ChannelList.jpg

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Link fixed.

Winddancer,

I don't actually use MediaPortal and I technically don't have it working (codec issue) but I'm sure I can help.

Are you using TvServer or just MediaPortal? If you are using TvServer it will auto detect the HDHomeRun. If you are not using TvServer then something has probably changed in the device string since the instructions were written for adding it to the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml

You can use GraphEdit to double check the device id. I will also be writing a small utility in the next couple of days for detecting and adding the HDHomeRun.

Winddancer

Portal Member
August 6, 2007
whurlston
Thank you for the reply.
I have actually tried it a bunch different ways, TV server with 2.2.0 and 2.3.0, and also just 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 with no TV server. I have also tried combinations of each with and without TVserver of 2.2.0 with release of 2.04 and 2.3.0
with the latest nightly build.. and any other combination I could think of.
I will try the link and info you posted above and see how that works..
I also am trying GB-PVR and I have gotten that to work, somewhat,(nothing right now likes vista) but I am not fond of the look and feel of the program, I use a motherboard that has native HDMI output hooked to a 42' LCD and Gb's interface looks awful in that situation, where MP is great on the eyes and I also am very fond of the drop down navigation buttons that MP has.. I really wish there was a way to incorporate the ease of setup with the GB and the eye-candy and interface of the MP, we would have one sweat PVR program, and if the utility you write helps accomplish that I (and many others) would be forever in your debt.
well let me give this a shot and I will report back.
Thank you again.

:D

Winddancer

Portal Member
August 6, 2007
whurlston
I gave that a try, and I finaly was able to scan for channels and it found my channels, but,when I went into MP nothing would show, it was just a black screen, changed I changed my video settings to different things and all the same, no picture.. then I went to go back into the TV server and I got a screen that said this
"Unable to upgrade database: Value cannot be null Parameter name stream"
I did look thru the forum and found the fix, but, as soon as I applied your fix it made it return...
so back to the drawing board...

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Can you post your logs after you get the error. I don't think it happens because of my changes but I'll check. Where is the fix for the black screen?

mwr

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Hi Whurlston.

Thanks again for your fantastic support!

The Business Layer seems to work in that I'm finding more than one channel, but I'm still having a problem with not being able to actually see any of the chanels in MediaPortal. I noticed that your scan resulted in all chanels being marked with a green T. I consistantly get a red V.
1.JPG

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom