(Patch) HDHomeRun QAM scan only finding one channel (1 Viewer)

mwr

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Hi Whurlston.

I've got a question. When I do a scan in TVserver it logs everything like "87.1" and "87.2" in both the Name and the Virtual Name. THe HDHR driver Channel Editor lists the Guide names, like "2.1 KATU-HD" etc. Is it possible to get the BusinessLayer to insert the Guide Names in the Names column during a TVServer scan? Just curious as currently when I run Media portal and go to the channel selector, it lists all the channels as "XX.X" which doesn't mean much to me. Not sure if that's a BusinessLayer function or not to be honest.

Thanks
Mike

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not a bad idea. I could write something that would read the HDHomeRun's lineup.xml if it exists and update the entries. I could probably write it so it only checks for the file if the source is an HDHomeRun tuner.

It may be a few days before I can get to it though.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm finally getting around to trying the HDhomerun with the 0.2.3 RC1. I can't get it to find a device yet. I'll be using the regular TV Engine I guess.

so are you saying you are using tv engine 2 with 0.2.2.0 ???

That is correct, I've been using it for a couple months now. Make sure you use the latest driver from the silicondust site. Jafa updated it a month or so ago, he changed how the driver defined something, so that the TV Engine finds the card.

It works great. Get the driver here.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom