(Patch) HDHomeRun QAM scan only finding one channel | Page 4

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by whurlston, March 10, 2007.

1. mwr

mwr Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Whurlston.

I've got a question. When I do a scan in TVserver it logs everything like "87.1" and "87.2" in both the Name and the Virtual Name. THe HDHR driver Channel Editor lists the Guide names, like "2.1 KATU-HD" etc. Is it possible to get the BusinessLayer to insert the Guide Names in the Names column during a TVServer scan? Just curious as currently when I run Media portal and go to the channel selector, it lists all the channels as "XX.X" which doesn't mean much to me. Not sure if that's a BusinessLayer function or not to be honest.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. whurlston

whurlston Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Not a bad idea. I could write something that would read the HDHomeRun's lineup.xml if it exists and update the entries. I could probably write it so it only checks for the file if the source is an HDHomeRun tuner.

It may be a few days before I can get to it though.

4. Winddancer

Winddancer Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so are you saying you are using tv engine 2 with 0.2.2.0 ???

5. Commodore 64
    • Premium Supporter

Commodore 64 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    That is correct, I've been using it for a couple months now. Make sure you use the latest driver from the silicondust site. Jafa updated it a month or so ago, he changed how the driver defined something, so that the TV Engine finds the card.

It works great. Get the driver here.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!