(Patch) HDHomeRun QAM scan only finding one channel (1 Viewer)

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I actually have not been able to see the channels either, I thought it was a codec issue but I discovered another issue that may have been causing it last night. I have not had time to work on it though and probably won't get to it until Thursday.

Not sure why your's show up as scrambled still. Can you post your logs after running a scan?

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Mike
Mike, did you use the new SetupTV.exe file included in the zip or just the TvBusinessLayer.dll? The dll fixes the Virtual Channel number but the SetupTV.exe is the one that has the changes for the way the scrambled channels are reported.

Don't forget to put the ATSC.ota file in your Tuningparameters folder. This will let SetupTv report the proper frequencies.

mwr

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Fantastic! Unziping the entire file into the TVServer directory did the trick for the "redV" problem and I can now see video!! For some reason I thought the only file I needed was the BusinessLayer and the other stuff was only for ATSC. Sorry about that. :oops:

I need to get sound working, but that's probably just a simple setup option. THanks a million! If Silicondust isn't cutting you a paycheck, they should as you turned my hunk of abs plastic with flashing LED lights into a network HDTV device.

Thanks,
Mike

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Glad to hear it's working. The extra files are technically for ATSC tuners but remember that the way the HDHomeRun works, programs see it as an ATSC tuner even though it's tuning QAM.

If you don't mind running a test for me, I'm curious to know if the changes I made work with your Fusion ATSC tuner (scan and frequency reporting).

As for SiliconDust, no paychecks but if it wasn't for them I would never have started teaching myself C#. ;)

mwr

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Well, TVServer can't find any channels on the Fusion. That has always been the case for me and I haven't spent a lot of time trying to get it to work. It would be fantastic if it did work, but I'm just using the Fusion app for now which works fine. Although it would be nice to have an integrated system.

...so...any ideas how to get the Fusion card working. :)

Thanks,
Mike

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Were you scanning for OTA or QAM? To get QAM, you have to do something special programatically and Dvico wants a very large sum of money to tell you how to do it from what I hear. I doubt they would be willing to license it to an Open Source project.

I was more curious if it worked on OTA. If that's what you tried, I have no idea why it won't work. I'd need to get a hold of one for a couple o days to debug it.

mwr

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
No, actually I am using QAM. So that explains why it won't work. I currently don't have an antenna hooked into the card so I can't try out ATSC at the moment.
Thanks,
mike

Winddancer

Portal Member
August 6, 2007
Can you post your logs after you get the error. I don't think it happens because of my changes but I'll check. Where is the fix for the black screen?

whurlston
It was not a fix for the black screen, but a fix for the error.. I guess it is showing up only with people who are using MySQL5.
I still have the Black screen problem, and it sounds as if you do too.

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
I will look into it if I get a chance over the next couple of weeks.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    I'm finally getting around to trying the HDhomerun with the 0.2.3 RC1. I can't get it to find a device yet. I'll be using the regular TV Engine I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom