[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (4 Viewers)

osso86

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
hi.
i try to install this patch, but when i click on install button appears this error:
"Could not update DB. Tried to restore the old files".
I use windows XP SP3 and My SQL server.
Anybody can help me?
:D

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
hi.
i try to install this patch, but when i click on install button appears this error:
"Could not update DB. Tried to restore the old files".
I use windows XP SP3 and My SQL server.
I have not been able to use the install application either. But as misterd pointed out in an earlier post, you can just run the sql script (I think it is called UpdateMySqlDatabase.sql or something similar) against your MySql database and replace the dlls/exe. Make sure you backup the files being replaced so that you can revert back in case you want to. To revert back changes back in the database itself, you can run the script called RevertMySqlDatabase.sql or something similar.

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
I noticed the following in the TVServer changelog for svn 22162:

- #2072: Allow users to to choose the video format
#2073: Allow users to choose the frame rate and frame size for analog cards

In fact, there seem to be a log of changes for analog cards. I have not tested this svn version yet, but it sure sounds like someone's been pretty busy :)

:D

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've just tried the SVN and it looks very good as far as setting PAL type, FPS and capture size on my analogue portion of my TC card. Unfortunately my TV card is software encoding and this patch which enables MP to use it is not compatible with the latest SVN, hopefully Misterd will be able to update the patch allowing me the best of both worlds!

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi again Misterd, i see you've been working hard on 1.0.1, i'm looking forward to upgrading but i was hoping you could let me know if software encoding cards work with this version or will we still need a patch as before. Thanks.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated the patch for 1.0.1 release including the fix for mantis #2095.

The patch is still needed for those who need a specific software encoder to get their card running. I hope that in 1.0.2 the patch isn't needed anymore, but therefor a lot of changes are still needed.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom