[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards | Page 22

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by misterd, December 31, 2007.

1. misterd
    • Premium Supporter

misterd Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    We are not looking at the tuner portion of the card, we are looking at the capture. So if you card supports PAL for composite inputs than it should return this information. IMHO this risk is simply too high too allow such a setting and it will probably confuse users.

NTSCMask is a group for the other NTSC entries. This should not be listed in the list. I have corrected this and it will be available with the next verison. According to the configuration file your card reports a default value which is not in the range of its minimum and maximum values. The next version will handle this as well and limit those value for the given range.

The switch is performed too early in the code and it will be fixed in the version, too. Also you need to restart TvServer than.

I don't think that this is general required use-case for the majority of the users. :sorry: So probably it will not happen in the near future.

MisterD

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Frantid

Frantid Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Iceland Iceland
    Show System Specs
    I am in the minority too, it's what's keeping me from using tv server. My reason is I moved from a NTSC country to a PAL country -- I have to use an STB anyway, so why buy a new tuner?

4. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Ok, this is understandable.

By next version, do you mean 1.0.2 or the next svn+your patch?

The tv server was already stopped when I made the change in the xml file. As long as the xml file setting overrides the auto-detection features, I am happy.

Oh well, it was worth a try :)

You can always compile tvlibrary.dll to force the changes you want (like I did). I can send you a list of my changes (they are very simple actually, about 5 lines or so) and you can use it to compile your version of tvlibrary.dll.

5. misterd
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I mean 1.0.2 which should be available soon. Just look at the roadmap ;)

TvServer performs the switch of the video format too early in the graph building. It has to be performed at the end, but it was performed right after creating the capture device.

MisterD

6. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Thanks for the reply. Will wait for 1.0.2 patiently :)

7. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Can you please tell where in code is the xml file processed? I would like to know where is the problem in the xml file.

Thanks.

8. misterd
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    The file is processed in the TvLibrary.Interfaces project. The specific part is in the class Capture.

This line is the problem in the xml file:
    Code (Text):
    1. <videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="50" delta="1" flags="2" value="50">4</videoQuality>
    You should change it to:
    [ocde]<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="4" delta="1" flags="2" value="50">4</videoQuality>[/code]

MisterD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Thanks.

I had to change it to
    Code (Text):
    1. <videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="50" delta="1" flags="2" value="4">4</videoQuality>
    to get TVConfig to display the tabs for the CX23885 card ;)

Btw, in the video standard combobox for the CX23885 card, I get not only NTSCMask but also SECAMMask (no PALMask though).

10. ctot

ctot Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, is this patch included in v 1.0.2???

11. misterd
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    this patch won't be included into TVServer like it is. I'm working on a better version, but this needs time. Probably 1.1.0 will make this patch obsolete.

MisterD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!