pctv 292e dvb-c problem (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure did I understood right the first test(1) though.
    For this part, change the tuner "preferred network provider" setting like this:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

Logs are telling me that currently it is set as "DVBC" for the DVB-C tuner and "generic" for the DVB-T tuner. I'd like you to try "generic" for the DVB-C tuner please.

I'll be back with test results later today (20-21 GMT+2).
    Okay. :)
    It is almost 1:30 AM here so I'll be going to bed soon. Have a great afternoon! :)

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Logs are telling me that currently it is set as "DVBC" for the DVB-C tuner and "generic" for the DVB-T tuner. I'd like you to try "generic" for the DVB-C tuner please.
    Oh right, now I understand. At least v1 test I made with both options.

It is almost 1:30 AM here so I'll be going to bed soon. Have a great afternoon!
    Thanks. I do the testing before I go to bed. Down there is morning then.. Good night :)

Last edited:

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Now I have done those tests. Really sorry to let you know that all of them failed. Not any indication of signal using dvb-c :(
    Hopefully PCTV support answer to your email if there is something else need to do.

Attachments

• test1 v2.zip
      6.2 KB
    • test2 v3.zip
      6.2 KB
    • test3 v3.zip
      6.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Really sorry to let you know that all of them failed. Not any indication of signal using dvb-c
    :(
    Well, I'm out of ideas now. Will have to wait for PCTV Systems to reply to my email (no reply yet)...

UltraMagnum

Portal Member
    December 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have used MediaPortal for years now and just recently bought this hybrid tuner. I was stunned when I realized that it is not working as dvb-c in MediaPortal :confused:

Please MP Team could you have another look at it if you can make it work.

I can get dvb-t tuner and channels to work but my house system is dvb-c and areal reception is quite poor with those small antennas.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was stunned when I realized that it is not working as dvb-c in MediaPortal
    Other DVB software has (or had) the same problem. Obviously there is something unusual about the 292e driver. This is outside our control.

Please MP Team could you have another look at it if you can make it work.
    Please be patient. We're [already] doing everything we can!

You can read the previous pages of this thread to see that we're trying to resolve this issue. I've contacted PCTV Systems and created a patch. Currently the patch is not working we're waiting for a reply to an email sent on Wednesday/Thursday. Nobody is giving up. Just have to wait for PCTV Systems to tell us what is wrong...

Andras

October 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi guys,

I ended up returning my tuner to the retailer, so I can't test the patches. Now I have a TerraTec H7 and it works perfectly with MP.
    Anyways, thanks mm for your help and wish you good luck with the solution.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Andras
    Thanks for letting us know about your situation.
    Just out of interest, is your H7 a revision/version 4... or an older one?

@micko
    Thinking about this problem while I was doing the dishes this evening...
    Could you please try DVBC network provider with patch v2 or v3, and try scanning with frequency x 1000 or frequency / 1000?
    In other words, the change is that instead of supplying the frequency in kHz, we supply the frequency in Hz (x 1000) or MHz (/ 1000).

[edit: ...and another question: does it make any difference if you increase the "tune timeout" setting to 20 seconds (and then restart the TV service)?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General#Scan_Tab
    ]

Last edited:

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @micko
    Thinking about this problem while I was doing the dishes this evening...
    Could you please try DVBC network provider with patch v2 or v3, and try scanning with frequency x 1000 or frequency / 1000?
    In other words, the change is that instead of supplying the frequency in kHz, we supply the frequency in Hz (x 1000) or MHz (/ 1000).
    Thinking this even while doing the dishes... :((y)
    I tried with patch v3 (real and virtual tuner). Increased tune timeout to 20s and altered frequency, but still no signal. Seems like chip can't get signal right. There is nothing on level & quality meters. Some internal mux/switch thing?? Really hope you get more info from PCTV systems.
    Log is from v3 "real" tuner test.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again micko

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this thread... but unfortunately there has been no reply from PCTV Systems since my last posts. I'm not sure what to do without their assistance...

Best regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom