pctv 292e dvb-c problem (3 Viewers)

UltraMagnum

Portal Member
December 17, 2012
Home Country
Finland Finland
Any news on this?

Maybe MediaPortal is not taken seriously by PCTV Systems.
Is there something us owners can do?

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Just wondering if we could ask dvbLogic guys what they did to solve/patch this? Maybe they had more detailed response from pctv. This might be the only way if can't get direct support anymore.

Last edited:

UltraMagnum

Portal Member
December 17, 2012
Home Country
Finland Finland
Any news for this? I think micko's suggestion was excelent. I myself do not know what to ask from dvbLogic so I think it is better if MP Team will ask for help if not done yet.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I have no DVBLogic contact. I would not expect them to reply to an email because they probably see TV Server as some kind of competition for their TV source product. Why would they help their competition? :(

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sorry, I have no DVBLogic contact. I would not expect them to reply to an email because they probably see TV Server as some kind of competition for their TV source product. Why would they help their competition? :(
    Nothing to be sorry about mm. I understand your point and you have already done so much on your limited time with this! There really isn't nothing to do if PCTV doesn't collaborate anymore.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There really isn't nothing to do if PCTV doesn't collaborate anymore.
    One last thing I thought of that we could try: to ignore that the tuner says "no signal".

Please try the attached DLL, and post the log afterwards (it will include some debug output).

P.S.: I really want to get this tuner to work! It's always frustrating when encountering a problem like this. I never give up, but honestly sometimes it takes years until the solution is eventually found...

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.6+_eMPIA_DVB-C_v4].zip
      207 KB

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Please try the attached DLL, and post the log afterwards (it will include some debug output).
    Tried it and it still cannot lock in on signal, but there seems to be some progress. Signal level indicator is alive now (with real tuner, not with empia virtual one) :). It wakes up after tuning first mux. There is results with "real" and virtual tuners.

Attachments

• PCTV292e test4.zip
      84.9 KB
    • PCTV292empia test4.zip
      75.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you say "signal level indicator is alive now", do you mean the LED?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Another idea: I try to read the tuner parameters (frequency etc.) to check that it tuned as we told it to.
    DLL attached. Please run the same test as above with same log files. :)

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.6+_eMPIA_DVB-C_v5].zip
      207.2 KB

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    When you say "signal level indicator is alive now", do you mean the LED?
    Only meant that TVE progress bar is indicating level now, but you noticed that from logs as well.

Latest test results attached (there seems to be a lot of additional logging :)). Btw I changed tune timeout to 20s.

PS: Here is my cable operator transponder info table : http://dvb.welho.fi/cablemux_oul3.php. I used only first three muxes to get faster results.

Attachments

• signal level.PNG
      signal level.PNG
      3.3 KB
    • PCTV292e test5.zip
      6.7 KB
    • PCTV292empia test5.zip
      6.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom