Play asx Files (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Would be nice if MediaPortal could play asx files.
When I'm trying to play one it will crash.

A

Anonymous

yes, support for internet radio could be really nice. ther are plenty of stations out there. could be a great module!

A

Anonymous

that thread was edited, original post included only stuff for shoutcast...

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you can allready play .asx files

Just add the .asx extension to the list in setup and put the file in a share.
    It will load and play fine.

A

Anonymous

Yes you can play some asx files but not the WindowsMediaPlayer ones.
    I'll show you an example:
    Broken.asx file has following line in it and won't play.
    mms://wmcontent80.bcst.yahoo.com/pub06root4/Pub06Share13/LAUvpwm9/0/5226951.wmv

bardelot

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    gimme the link to the .asx file, not the media-file itself.
    Then I will try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Glad the problem was at least solved for you. But it's one of the issues nobody likes. It's bad to have bugs, but I prefer a clear error in logs with a solution behind ;)
    Glad the problem was at least solved for you. But it's one of the issues nobody likes. It's bad to have bugs, but I prefer a clear...
    Good morning, I am using MP2 since several years on a Win10 machine and now switched to a new PC with Win11. After installation, I...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom