Play DVD and Subtitles are always on ? (1 Viewer)

donmega

Portal Member
November 14, 2005
Everytime I play a dvd I have to turn off the subtitles, anyway to keep them off always by default ?

thanks

s3070416

Portal Member
December 8, 2005
jawbroken said:
Setup->DVD->Uncheck Show Subtitles

Should work as far as I know.

I found that this config option disables subtitles for most DVDs but there are some where the subtitles cannot be disabled at all (Fantasic Four was one of them) using RC1 and RC2. Under Windows Media Player I was able to disable the subtitles on these DVDs.

I think the difference was that some DVD menus let you choose or "On" or "Off" for "Subtitles for the hearing impaired"' and other DVD menus just toggle the option by clicking on the the subtitles menu option. Media Portal doesn't seem to be handling the toggle option properly.

I almost lost lounge room HTPC privileges due to a massive drop in WAF due to this issue :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Same here, RE the WAF...

I found that I could turn off subtitles in the DVD menu, but they would return every time a chapter changed in the movie.
    I use the DScaler, so I was able to turn off "Display forced subtitles" in the dscaler options (MP config/filters/dscaler video).

The only issue is I now have the reverse. Some DVD's need subtitles and they only appear for the current chapter and then have to be turned on again.

donmega

Portal Member
    November 14, 2005
    jawbroken said:
    Setup->DVD->Uncheck Show Subtitles

Should work as far as I know.

Ah it was right there under my nose and I didnt see it.

Well it is pretty hard to read anything on a standard tv pushing 1024x768

damn I need an hdtv, anyone wanna spot me a couple grand ? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and it works - slowly but it worked fine. As described, this suddenly stopped working after an update in the last few months. Yesterday, as a test, I deactivated this check box and it...
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal...
    Hello english forum! Since my question, which I asked weeks ago in the German-speaking forum, has not been answered until today, I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom