playing bin/cue images (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

when i use dtools it mounts the .bin however it then goes to the virtual drive. (shows the folders) is there a way to get it so when i cluck on the bin it mounts it, then plans the (s)vcd?

chad

M

moriax

I to have problems getting image files to play. Sure I to can mount an image in daemon tools and then play it through the MP, but as said, I want to do all this in MP by just selecting the image file I want to play.

And what is this daemon tool support in MP? It says to automount images and present them as folders in MP? Ok, the image file has a folder symbol in MP but clicking it wont automount anything. I have daemon up and running to check what mountings are triggered from insida MP, but nothing happens?

And, yes, I have added the image extansions in MP. From what I can read this seems to do everything for some people?

So, can someone who got image files to play in MP (without doing all the prework of manually mounting) please tell me and everyone else how this is done.

M

moriax

OK, I got the wrong idea about daemon "devices" and MP "drive NO" which should be the same. So MP now can automount fine.

But I will have to add the extension .DAT in MP to be able to play the file inside the image (BIN) file. It would be better if MP could play the image file directly.

And whats up with the windows browser poping up everytime an image is automounted. Annoying! Does someone know how to prevent this?

And how about other image files, ISO and IMG etc. How do you play these? It seems to be multiple files inside these image files, and I have no idea on how to play the entire film?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
moriax said:
And whats up with the windows browser poping up everytime an image is automounted. Annoying! Does someone know how to prevent this?

Disable autoplay in Windows. That's no MP problem.

moriax said:
And how about other image files, ISO and IMG etc. How do you play these? It seems to be multiple files inside these image files, and I have no idea on how to play the entire film?

These image types are also supported without any problems. But you seem to mix up something here. The image files won't be your problem. It's the contents of the files. That's what has to be playable in MP. The key to this: If it plays fine in Windows Media Player, it should work without any problems in MP. I'm not sure if you understood what an image is?

M

moriax

mPod said:
These image types are also supported without any problems. But you seem to mix up something here. The image files won't be your problem. It's the contents of the files. That's what has to be playable in MP. The key to this: If it plays fine in Windows Media Player, it should work without any problems in MP. I'm not sure if you understood what an image is?

Yeah, I'm no expert. What I think I know is that image files can be mounted in virtual players and then played. However, they can also be browsed when mounted and have a variety of files. With cue/bin files I know it's the big DAT file that contains the entire film, and when I click it in MP the movie starts. But I'm confused when it comes to IMG files. I cant seem to find a file to click in MP to start the movie.

Ehh, nevermind....
When testing now, I got a MP popup asking if I want to play the movie being automounted. Strange, yesterday a spend half a day trying to get this to work, and I never got the popup then. Oh well, it plays fine now!

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
moriax said:
With cue/bin files I know it's the big DAT file that contains the entire film, and when I click it in MP the movie starts. But I'm confused when it comes to IMG files.

BIN, ISO, IMG, and some more are just CONTAINERS, what's inside them is another thing. You can have DAT files (that's video CD contents) in all image formats. How can I explain it to you? You can even have BIN files with VIDEO_TS folders, containing DVD contents, or BIN files with software, images, virtually all kind of data in it. It's just a container.
Just like you can have a music tape or a CD. There's music on both of them, only the container is different.
Or if you got a document written with ink by hand and put it onto your scanner, the result of the scan is a jpeg-picture (image) containing the information you wrote on that paper. But the paper is not actually in your computer, it's just an IMAGE.
Same with a CD you put into your computer and rip (scan) it. The CD is not actually in the computer, the result is just an IMAGE of it. And the data is INSIDE the image.
So the Daemon Tools have to read the container, but MP will care about the contents.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer to you. :wink:

I'm wondering where you got those BIN files from... :lol:

M

moriax

mPod said:
I'm wondering where you got those BIN files from... :lol:

Ehh, well...A friend of mine does some..ehh..filmprojects for school and occasionally send me some of the work... :lol:

smokeman

Portal Member
December 1, 2004
utility said:
Bazooka said:
Try the free tool daemon tools. It will create a virtual cd/dvd rom drive that will allow you to mount bin, cue, iso, etc. image files.

Works like a charm.

i know daemon tools, but this would just be a workaround. mediaportal should to this automatically (in whatever way).

in the meantime I prefer extracting the images to folders.

just like XBMC for XBox (just with full DVD menu support, etc.)

I concur,
it is rediculous to have to rely on a third party tool for mounting images,
when media players like video lan client simply know what do do with .iso's.

Why can't this be incorporated into media portal?
can anyone tell us what the problem is?
It would be in the video playing module, not understanding the file container?

oggie

October 1, 2005
I too agree this feature should be added to the product. I use freevo under linux and it is able to pass these files to mplayer and it works fine...

Users who are viewing this thread