Playing recorded TV in external player (mpc-hc) (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's not but i can change the location to "R:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe" correct?

So the new script would look like this:

call "R:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t %*"
ren "%*" "*.mp4"

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes

call "c:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t %*"
    ren "%*" "*.mp4"

if it doesn't work rename the file back to .ts manually then change the first line to
    c:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t "%*"

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Well there's about 100 .ts files in there so i think i'll make a copy of the folder somewhere else before trying this. lol

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh there is no real danger with the above, it's just the first script (since removed) that renamed all .ts files that had the potential to destroy your tv recording folder, script above only processes one file.

however no harm in moving one file anyway to test :D

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I've tried it with both scripts with the test comskip button. it works fine when it's pointed at comskip.exe but when it's pointed at the .bat file a Dos box pops up for just a second then closes with either script you wrote.

call "R:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t %*"
    ren "%*" "*.mp4"

Or

call "R:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t "%*"
    ren "%*" "*.mp4"

I saved the .bat in UTF-8 I hope that was the right thing to do?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    add pause to the bottom of the .bat file to find out what is wrong[DOUBLEPOST=1354951445][/DOUBLEPOST]are you using {0} and not "{0}"[DOUBLEPOST=1354951466][/DOUBLEPOST]copy + paste the error

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    OK here is the contince of the Dos box.:

R:\>call "R:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t "R:\TV RECORDINGS\American Dad - Ba
    r Mitzvah Hustle.ts"
    'call' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

R:\>ren "R:\TV RECORDINGS\American Dad - Bar Mitzvah Hustle.ts" "*.mp4"
    The system cannot find the file specified.

R:\>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .[DOUBLEPOST=1354952566][/DOUBLEPOST]
    add pause to the bottom of the .bat file to find out what is wrong[DOUBLEPOST=1354951445][/DOUBLEPOST]are you using {0} and not "{0}"[DOUBLEPOST=1354951466][/DOUBLEPOST]copy + paste the error

Yes i'm using {0} not "{0}"

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Yes i used notepad.exe. ' doesn't appear when i look in the file, i'll try to make it again typing it into the file instead of copying it from the browser.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    turned out to be this:

call R:\comskip81_043\comskip.exe -t "%*"
    ren "%*" "*.mp4"

Saved in ANSI, saving it in UTF-8 seems to have caused a problem too.
    It's working fine now.
    Thank you very much kiwijunglist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread