Playing recorded TV in external player (mpc-hc) (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I see from another thread that MP is coded not to play .ts files with an external player, does anyone know if there is there any way to work around this and trick MP to play recorded TV in mpc-hc.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP used to play video files in external player if setup to do that regardless of extension (as long as .ts was listed under recognised extensions), this was a couple of years ago so maybe it has changed. Have you tried this recently?

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    MP used to play video files in external player if setup to do that regardless of extension (as long as .ts was listed under recognised extensions), this was a couple of years ago so maybe it has changed. Have you tried this recently?

Yes, I have mpc-hc set up and working with other file types as the external player but when i play a .ts file in the Myvideos plugin it plays in the internal player, even though .ts is listed under recognized extensions for the external player to play.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm guessing you are doing this so you can use BOINC to detect the MPC-HC process. I suggest you just rename .ts files to .mp4 you could even write a simple script to do this.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I'm guessing you are doing this so you can use BOINC to detect the MPC-HC process. I suggest you just rename .ts files to .mp4 you could even write a simple script to do this.

Yes your right but i have no experience with scripts is there a way to automatically convert .ts to .mp4 after they are recorded with a script?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Code:
    set "Filename=%*"
    set Filename=%Filename:~0,-3%
    ren "%filename%.ts" "*.mp4"

save above as c:\renamerecording.bat

goto tvserver config
    enable comskip launcher plugin

set when to launch:
    recording end

set program:
    c:\renamerecording.bat

set parameters:
    {0}

Then run a test to see if it renames the file successfully.

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    First i want to thank you for writing a script for me.
    my recording folder is R:\TV RECORDINGS so i changed the script accordingly. I hope it is correct.

md "R:\TV RECORDINGS\"
    xcopy /s /y "R:\TV RECORDINGS\*.ts" R:\TV RECORDINGS\*.mp4"
    del /s /q "C:\tv recordings\*.ts"
    xcopy /s /y "R:\TV RECORDINGS\*.mp4" "R:\TV RECORDINGS\*.mp4"
    rd "R:\TV RECORDINGS" /s /q

I am using comskip at the present time though it probably won't work after these changes will it?
    I can run this with windows task scheduler can't i or would that cause a problem if a recording was in progress?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No please don't use that first script I made it better
    also the way you changed the script would make it delete your entire tv recording folder, because you left out the temp directory.

you can use both comskip and filerename just change to the following

Code:
    call "c:\comskip\comskip.exe -t %*"
    ren "%*" "*.mp4"

if it doesn't work change to
    Code:
    c:\comskip\comskip.exe -t "%*"
    ren "%*" "*.mp4"

I made the file shorter as I just released the string manipulation is not needed.

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Just so i have this straight i use this script:

call "c:\comskip\comskip.exe -t %*"
    set "Filename=%*"
    set Filename=%Filename:~0,-3%
    ren "%filename%.ts" "*.mp4"

in a .bat file

Then call the .bat file with the comskip launcher?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes you can do that and it should work
    assuming your comskip.exe is located in c:\comskip\[DOUBLEPOST=1354948001][/DOUBLEPOST]ps. does mpc-hc even support comskip chapters ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread