Please add category image support (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Like the title says. This is something I really miss from Black Glass Hd and StreamedMP :(

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here's a couple of idea's I'm playing with. What do you think?

Attachments

• 15-33-00.png
      15-33-00.png
      937.4 KB
    • 15-43-13.png
      15-43-13.png
      837 KB
    J

joostzilla

Whenever we find genre/category images that are really cool we can add them to Titan. But to be honest i havent seen any real good ones.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah... to be honest after playing around with these images and this skin I don't think it fits with the overall theme.
    If you did find some good styled images you would need to have a good template to go with it as there are basically an unlimited set of images needed to go with custom categories.

Mr.BlueSky

Portal Member
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll share my mod, hope you like it.
    I've placed the list on the right, so there is more room for fanart and made it a little smaller so the time and date is still visable.
    Just place the 3 xml files in your skin map and add category images (with the same name as the category)to the map Media/Categories.
    Movingpictures.xml and movingpictures.facade.xml are modified, the other xml file is for the category image, where you can chance the position.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• movingpictures.facade.xml
      10.7 KB
    • movingpictures.xml
      5.5 KB
    • movingpictures.Category.Image.xml
      669 bytes

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very nice guys, I was also thinking about this.. I have added this myself for Avallonis a couple of months ago..

Looking great! :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe someone with time can have a dig around on the xbmc forums, there might be a set that fits well with titan

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
    Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
    Replies
    Views
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    Hi! Installed MP 1.31 today, and before I didn't have sub menus for TV and MovingPictures. My setup looked something like this...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom