Please help me to stop this tearing+a couple of other issues (1 Viewer)

slayer

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Sydney
vbap said:
@slayer, are you getting tearing only on Live TV or with recorded / timeshifted / DVD as well? And are you watching SD or HD broadcasts?

havn't tried recorded tv via mp yet but will give that a shot ASAP and report back with my results. I usually use theatertek for dvd but will give mp a shot as well. I prefer hd broadcasts but it happens on both modes

edit ok this is going to sound silly but I just loaded up mp and started to record channel 9 and in the 10mins I've been watching it I havn't seen any tearing! kind of weird I havn't changed anything that I can think of will continue watching

slayer

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Sydney
argh I just had 2 hours of tear free tv had to reboot and now it's tearing all over the place again sooooo frustrating!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Send me the xml info and i'll put it in CVS ready for the next release.

DMAN

slayer

Portal Member
    August 7, 2005
    Sydney
    dman_lfc said:
    Send me the xml info and i'll put it in CVS ready for the next release.

DMAN

Hi Dman

That would be fantastic, my knowledge on how this xml file isn't great I tried copying just the section that mentioned the dntv tinyusb into the cvs xml and it wouldn't detect my card it would only work if I copied the entire xml over the top. So instead of me taking a punt at what the actual section of code you need I'll link you to the complete file I've been overwriting with. I do find when I overwrite it it's only about 1/2 the size of the cvs version

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/DNTV/MediaPortalCaptureCardDefinitionsFile.zip

The card shows up in MP as a DNTV Live Tiny USB2 BDA (Actually two of them as it's two tuners on one bracket.

Thanks in advance mate will save me a little time each cvs. Just let me know when it's done and I'll download the new cvs and give it a shot :)

vbap Just starting using mp again for today and was getting heaps of tearing during the cricket for the hell of it I set it up to record again (simply pressing escape from fullscreen mode press record then back into fullscreen. What do you know the past 2 mins have been tear free and the ! test is a solid line again, could we be onto something here? I'm sure this will mean much more to someone else than to me but it seems to be helping!

update:Just did a little bit more testing I turned recording off and the tearing seemed to reaappear but when I activated timeshifting it seemed to stop again hmm this is weird for now I'll keep using it with timeshifting on...

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    slayer said:
    but when I activated timeshifting it seemed to stop again hmm this is weird for now I'll keep using it with timeshifting on...

Yeah, this is what I get too. Obviously, when playing back a recorded file (ie recorded TV program, timeshifted TV, movie file or DVD), the frame rates are in synch. It's only broadcast (streaming) TV where, as Taipan suggests, something is not synching properly, causing the tearing effect. So, we can rule out HDD issue, which leaves TV card (fusion HDTV lite for me) and video card/drivers (nvidia fx5200 v77.72) as the likely culprits.

I hope to find some time this weekend to do the test I mentioned previously!

PS Thanks for submitting your card definitions to CVS - I'm looking to pick up one of these dual DVB tuners myself!

slayer

Portal Member
    August 7, 2005
    Sydney
    thankyou very much dman. I just installed the latest cvs and it seems to be detecting the card fine now :)

Am having a weird problem now though I can view the channels fine when they are windowed in the menu mode but as soon as I click on it to make it fullscreen I get a bar down the bottom saying now signal detected never had that before :( my signal is around 27db btw so shouldn't be an issue. I did rerun configuration. I've also deleted the database folder and configed again but still the same issue.

vbap yeah that's pretty much what I figured I wasn't sure if timeshifting meant it was playing recorded files though if it hadn't actually be paused yet?

New 77.77 drivers came out today so might give them a shot and see how it goes. Hold out on the dua tuner for now it's been a little troublesome (most were power problems) I had a dntv pci and fusion pci card and didn't seem to have as many problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom