Plugin: MP2Extended (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can also restrict MP2's IP binding to certain addresses using ServerSettings.xml but I don't have an example file

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Its already bridged and e.g MPExt and webserver has no issues. Will try to install MP2 on my HTPC on Wed. to see if that works better.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I installed this plugin and see it load on the server.
    What I do not understand is
    1-How should I be testing it?
    2-Why does it not see my available IP's like the other plugins?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    breese, not sure how much you can test. This is an api for developers. You should be able to test if the plugin is up by checking:
    [URL]http://192.168.1.250:53461/MPExtended/MediaAccessService/json/GetServiceDescription[/URL]

That is if the ip/port is correct in your post.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @johanj
    One thing which needs testing is the Encoding. I don't know how you convert the byte stream back to text. I use this:
    Code:
    ASCIIEncoding enc = new ASCIIEncoding();
          return enc.GetBytes(str);
    To get bytes from a string. I also could change this to UTF8 or UTF32 or whatever. Just wanted to mention this here :)

@breese
    Yes you have to call one of these APIs here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/MPExtended/Developers/API_Documentation/MAS
    Most of the TVShow API Calls are implemented, but not all ;)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In general I think UTF8 is used but I don't need to care about that when receiving results from MPExt. The code is javascript and I use JSON.parse and JSON.stringify.

From WifiRemote I need to UTF8 decode the text in order to get the special characters right.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As I wrote before about GetExternalMediaInfo, it's just a container of information that can be passed to WifiRemote to either start the media or show the media in the MP gui.

Maybe it's enough with the id in MP2, maybe you need to know exactly the Serie, season, episode etc. in order to display it in the MP2 gui.

I'm eager to test but I think it will have to wait until tomorrow before I can install the latest MP2 on my production HTPC. This since bridging network adapter is not working with the MP2 webserver, I never managed to reach the MP2 webserver outside Windows VM.

Btw, Emby API has a really nice swagger interface where one can see what's implemented and also see parameters and test the calls out in a webbrowser without having to do trialing with api docs. Maybe that is something to look at further on. It really simplifies using the API.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom