Plugin: RefreshRateChanger (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    yeah I tested it yesterday enable\disable and exclusion works. I wanna test deeper but my LiveTV doesnt works soooo.

From what I tested, I got the same problem with 24p content (stuttering)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wanna test deeper but my LiveTV doesnt works soooo
    For live tv there is currently no support, as the detection is based on the VideoAspect's FPS info, which isn't filled for streams (yet).

From what I tested, I got the same problem with 24p content (stuttering)
    Can you please explain again (it's a while ago since I thought about this ;)):
    1) What is source screen refresh (Hz),
    2) does the RR change it to what Hz?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    1) I start MP2 at 30hz (motion interpolation is lot better at 30hz instead of 60hz) personnal preference.
    2) the RR change from 30hz to 24hz when watching a movie but the renderer display only 11 to 14 fps.

Like I said a while ago, to deblock the renderer, when I play a 24p movie, I press ALT+TAB, then release TAB only letting ALT pressed and magically the renderer plays perfectly fine for any other video after. Until I close MP2. I hope this find can help you track the culprit.

thanks morpheus_xx

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ok... but RR works flawlessly with MP1. I don't understand how it can be driver related.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did some test with the new plugin coupled with MP2 10 AE Update 1 (july 2014) and here's what I experienced:

- Like I said in previous post, enable\disable and exclusion works #1
    - Again, like previous versions, If I start MP2 at 59 or 60hz, all my 24,25,29 fps materials stutter (RR changes well) except for 25 fps (RR changes to 24hz instead of 50hz and stutters to)
    - But if I start MP2 at 50hz, 24,25,29 fps materials change well and I don't get any stutters (perfect playback if vsync renderer)

I notice that if i let the renderer to defaut when playing videos, i get stutter here and there (maybe 50 drop for 3 min videos). Pressing F11 once to change default to vsync cure the problem, perfect playback.

am I fool ?

Will give you my logs when possible.

Last edited:

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    today tried to check if series or films worked for me... but only stuttering etc...
    to make a long story short, I read this post and SWITCHED OFF refreshratechanger!
    now I can watch my series... only I have some line now in my display.
    especially when a lot of movement is going on.
    any way how to fix this or fix this with refreshratechanger ON?
    or can it be another settings...
    using ffdshow dxva codec because lav give more stutter then ffdshow.
    and as I can remember from a few months ago lav doesn't support subtitle(or is this fixed already?) didn't think so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom