Plugin: RefreshRateChanger (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey morpheus, I played with MP2 10AE update 1 yesterday, RRC at Off, it works until I restart MP2. I need to reconfirm ''no'' in settings (even if it stays at No after restart) to disable it properly. Exceptions is working fine after closing/restart MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, not yet.
    I only did some more "self research" while using it. I had a strange issue with one file: refresh rate changed properly to 23Hz, but playback was very choppy after this. I needed to disable the plugin to watch the episode at 50Hz. All other episodes played perfectly at same rate.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are you experiencing the same behavior as me with refresh rate disabled? It doesn't stay disabled when I quit MP2. I need to confirm ''disable'' everytime I open MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you experiencing the same behavior as me with refresh rate disabled? It doesn't stay disabled when I quit MP2. I need to confirm ''disable'' everytime I open MP2.
    No, I cannot confirm this. For me changed settings are persisted properly and show new values after restart.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    it shows new value too but I need to reclick NO in settings to make it works every time. Can you trace this behavior with logs ?

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Heres what I did:

-Start MP2 and played a 24p movie the refreshrate changed but the movie stutter badly,
    -Go to settings and change RefreshRate settings to no to disable it
    -Test a new file 24p with RefreshRate OFF and curiously my TV switch to 60 twice
    -Restart MP2 check in RefreshRate option and it really says NO
    -Play an 24p movie and the RefreshRate change to 24 and movie stutter.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's the same exercise but I started MP2 at 50hz instead of 60hz (59)

-Start MP2 and saw in options that RefereshRate is at NO (press back to not reconfirm NO)
    -Test a 24p video and RefreshRate changed to 24hz but with smooth playback this time (50 vs 60hz 24p problem, it's an other story). Perfectly smooth in render mode: vsync compared with default or MaxPerformance)
    -Return in option to reconfirm NO to RefreshRate changer even if it was already at NO
    -Test a 24p video and Refresh Rate stayed at 50hz

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right: the "not enabled" setting was not considered at startup, only on change :( This is fixed.
    est a 24p video and RefreshRate changed to 24hz but with smooth playback this time (50 vs 60hz 24p problem, it's an other story). Perfectly smooth in render mode: vsync compared with default or MaxPerformance)
    Interesting! I now added a feature to automatically select VSync mode. After playback end the original mode is restored.

Please test this build with your "problem videos" and let me know :)

Attachments

• RefreshRateChanger.7z
      7.5 KB

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You are right: the "not enabled" setting was not considered at startup, only on change This is fixed.
    Kudos ! it works properly now.

Please test this build with your "problem videos" and let me know
    We can move on to the next step, the crucial step for me to be able to use MP2 for everyday use.

-RefreshRate switch from 60hz to 24hz
    -Be able to see my recordings from TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom