Plugin: TvWishList for MP2 (1 Viewer)

stixi

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Hi huha,
is there any version for the new Weekly from 22.02 for NativeTV 3 Stable ?!?
or is it better to use the NativeTV 3.5 Pre-Alpha version...?!?

stixi

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
OK... but for the installation what should i do...
after the installation MP-Server says the plugin is not compatible...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For TvWishlist the situation is a bit more tricky:

There is already a MP2 client plugin which is able to use a TVE3.5 (Pre-Alpha) plugin of MP2-Server. I'm not sure how the communication is implemented, so I guess the MP2-Client plugin will not work with TVE3 (stable).

Also there were some interface changes since Dezember 2013.

@huha can you check if the plugin is still working? (trying it myself as well;)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    morpheus_xx,
    the MP2 plugin has a bug right now which I was not able to fix yet. The plugin was working for both TVE3.5 and TVE3 using MPExtended like your TV plugin.
    I have done a wrapper for TVE3.5 which is very slow. The TVE3 should work faster.
    Once my project situation at work is improving (in about 4 weeks) i will continue to work on the MP2 plugin.

stixi

Portal Member
    November 11, 2007
    huha,
    i become this message if i start the tv-server-configuration:
    238311-90a2f3e6dbcb09b7df8dfaa75a32ebb4.jpg

so the plugin is not kompatible for MP2 NativeTV 3 Stable?!?
    and i have no failure logs...
    i use only the server Plugin...

Attachments

• mediaportal-fehler.png
      mediaportal-fehler.png
      9.1 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was working on the plugin the last weeks.
    I got the basic function to work, but the bad news is that the skin of the client plugin is no more working and the buttons are no more usable. So i need to start with the basics again, but this will take a lot more time.
    I found the reason for the slow performance of the native tv server plugin, which was my conflict schedule management. I just did a change on the MP1 Tvserver to use the MP1 TV server conflict management. I hope a similar function like
    mylayer.GetConflictingSchedules(schedule, out conflictingSchedules, out notViewableSchedules) for the TVBusinesslayer is available in the native Tvserver, but will need to learn more about the code of the tv server. I am also not understanding on what is the difference between conflictingSchedules and notViewableSchedules.
    I will focus on this first to have at least a plugin for the native tv server 3.5 available.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I will focus on this first to have at least a plugin for the native tv server 3.5 available.
    For the moment imho it would be better if you try to get it working with Native TVE 3.0 first. Most MP2- people out there using TVE3.0 as it is more reliable than TVE 3.5 at this time. I've tried the latest TVWishlist with the recent tesubuilds of MP2 with TVE3.0 native and I got some parts working with the new compatibility system introduced there, others are not working. The (MP1-) Server plugin was starting and it seems to work, but it refuses to shutdown if the MP2 server wants to stop.

There are no changes to released TVE 3.5 versions since a longer time, so if there will be a new version in future it probably brakes compatibility again... Don't know this, only a guess. But changes on TVE 3.0 are not to be expected any more. For this I believe it would be better to get TVWishlist working with TVE3.0- Native first would be the best. I'm pretty sure @morpheus_xx is happy to help you, if you need some.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For the moment imho it would be better if you try to get it working with Native TVE 3.0 first.
    FWIW, I generally agree. I haven't even come close to the scheduling logic in TVE 3.5 yet, but I already have the feeling that it needs a radical overhaul. That includes the conflict management. I'm hoping gibman made some decent progress with his rule based scheduler design, and that perhaps we could collaborate in completing it in such a way that TvWishList functionality (and more!) is built in to TVE 3.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom